*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1386721-Daemon
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Other · Thriller/Suspense · #1386721
A story I wrote for school. About a new superhero.
Daemon Daerd
Daemon Daerd Jr. was born on October 8,1989 in Hattiesburg, Mississippi to one of the greatest pairs of evil villians the world has ever known. Daemon Daerd Sr. and Eliza Daerd, also known as Dread and Wild Thing. They were never really nice to their one and only son because they thought he was weak. Daemon was a nice kid. That was the problem, his parents wished for him to follow in their footsteps. They wanted Daemon to be the greatest villian the world has ever seen and would ever know.
So when Daemon started showing signs of his powers at the young age of 9, they started his training. He was put on a special diet. He spent several hours a day in combat training bieng taught to show no emotion and physically punished when he complained or let himself be caught whil doing an act of kindness. Most boys would all let that change them into a monster who did whatever his parents wished of him, but not Daemon.
The only thing that he liked about his life and kept him the way he was, was when he was allowed to visit his one and only friend, Bellatrix Carter. Bellatrix was the same age as Daemon and the daughter of the Mayor. Daemon and Bellatrix shared everything and were as close as they could be. She knew about everything that happened in his life and vice versa. They promised each other that they would never tell any one their secrets,and they didn't. She told no one about his secrets and he told no one bout her secret, that she too had super powers. Invisibility and healing.Daemon never understood why his parents let him be near Bellatrix,but he didn't care. She was the only thing that kept him good,instead of what his parents wanted him to be. Evil.
This is the way he lived his life for many years. He went to school,was the outcast and than got home and was put through training. Before going over to Bellatrix's house if he was allowed to and he wasn't to tired and then he would pass out when he got home.
The day of his fiftenth birthdayhe was pleasently surprised when he got home from school. Nobody was there. He had a sort of sinking feeling in his stomach. The only time they were gone was when they were doing something that he concidered evil. There was a not on the fridge that had said that he had the day off to do whatever he wanted, but he was to stay in the house until they got home.
This was rather unusual but he didnt think anything of it. and then turned on the t.v.. He than picked up the phone and dialed bellatrix's cell phone it rang and rang but no answer. Thats odd, Dameon thought before calling again.. and again..... still no answer. He waited for a little while before deciding that something was wrong and that he had to go over to her house.
His parents would be so mad if they got home early and he wasn't there. He was sure that he'd pay the price later but this was something that he had to do. He quickly left for Bellatrix's house. Walking was slower so he decided to ride his bike. Peddling as fast as he can, he arrived in front of the mansion like house. His heart beating as loud as a marching band drum,or so it seemed to him.
The neighborhood seemed quieter then it has ever been,deathly quiet, as Daemon approached the door. He opened it slowly, looking down at the ground. He was always told that he was part of the family and that family didn't have to knock. When he slowly looked up to see what was going on in the living room he froze immediatly and his jaw dropped slightly. Never had he been so shocked and never will he be so shocked as he was right now...
In the middle of the large and well furnished living room, sitting on a wooden chair and bound by vines that come up from the ground, is Bellatrix. In another chair a few feet across from her and bound in the same fashion was her father, the mayor. Standing in front of them both was Daemon's own parents. They had triumphant, mischievious smiles and looked like they had just finished explaining something to their small audience.
"What are you doing?" Daemon asked in a dangerously low voice,hoping and praying it wasn't what he assumed it was. Demon and Wild Thing spun around to look at him. The surprise evident on their faces as the realised that he dared to disobey them. "What are you doing here? You were told to stay home." Demon said in a stern and menacing tone of voice as he advanced a step towards his son.
Daemon glared back. It seemed to the others in the room that his eyes darkened slightly but it went unnoticed by him. "What are you doing?" Daemon repeated, "Let them go...now!" His voice had unknowingly rising as his temper grew but he didn't care one bit. They could hurt him, he didn't care anymore. He could take it. But if they messed with Bellatrix or her father, they would pay. That much Daemon Jr. was sure of.
Demon chuckled slightly and stepped forward once more. "Boy, you don't understand. With these two out of the way we can rule the town, we can rule the state. You can stay here and help or you can go back home and hide in your bedroom like a scared little girl. Either way, I don't care. It is happening though." Demon said giving him a look that dared him to leave.
Bellatrix began to squirm against her bindings, sending Daemon a look of terror and worry. She had never had that look before and Daemon never wanted to see that look on her face again. He felt more angry then he had ever been before. It seemed to be tangible as he turned to look back at his parents. Daemon's eyes were now darker then the midnight sky on a moonless night as a small side table behind him started to levitate.
"You don't want to do that." Wild Thing threatened,looking over at Demon expectantly. Demon nodded his head with a wicked smile on his face. Under his father's gaze Daemon started to levitate. He didn't stop rising until he was a few feet off of the ground. Demon's eyes were now pitch black also. "Put me down, Father." Daemon said, his voice strained as he tried to fight his fathers power. His tone of voice just seemed to add to Demon's twisted amusement."Why? What are you going to do about it? Nothing thats what. Because you are nothing but a weak little boy with a temper." He taunted his only son with a growing smirk.
That smirk disapeared when he found a side table flying towards his head. Demon ducked quickly, the table crashing into the wall and bursting into a million pieces on the floor. Demon had lost concentration though, allowing Daemon to fall to the ground. Daemon stood back up, anticipating his Father's next attack. Demon stood up, slightly shaky for some reason and walked towards his tense son, who did not back away.
When Demon reached him he looked Daemon's smaller body over once and then quickly grabbed him by the throat with one hand,lifting him all the way off the ground. Whether he was using his power or not his still hurt and Daemon started squirming quickly. "Do not.." Demon started, pausing to tighten his hold on his son, "Ever defy me." He said looking at his son for another moment. Daemons hands were at his throat and his face was turning red, Demon then dropped him on the ground. Daemon landed on his knees, his hands automatically going to his throat as he looked up at his Father."Or you will die." Demon added with a smirk.
Daemon had put up with his parents for long enough. He finally snapped inside and he knew. He knew that if his Father ever touched him, threatened him or messed with him or anyone close to him again, that his father would die. The same went for Wild Thing. That is, if they didn't die now, of course. Daemon looked up at his Father with distaste and hatred etched into his face. "No." He said strongly before standing up, shakily at first , and facing his father.
"What did you say?" Demon asked in a low dangerous tone that seemed to threaten everyone in the room and the town at once. "I said no. You are not the boss of me anymore. I will not take orders from either of you anymore. Now let them go, or else." Daemon said, clenching his hands into fists at his sides as he tried to keep his temper down. He was still hesitant about hitting his Father.
"Or else what? You'll call the cops on me?" Demon sneered although he was slightly unnerved at the sudden confidence in his son, who was now, most likely, his enemy. Yet he didn't get a reply as he found Daemons fist colliding with his jaw, hard. Demon flew several feet and landed on his back. Before Daemon could do anything else though he found himself tied from his neck to his toes by vines like the others. "Wild Thing." He muttered turning his head slightly, even though his neck still hurt, to look at his Mother.
She was weary from using her power so much in such a short period of time. But she was still strong and not someone you should underestimate. "I can do that too, you know?" Daemon said suddenly, closing his eyes in concentration as his parents watched him wearily. Slowly the vines started slipping away and falling to the floor. When the vines were all but gone Wild Thing finally found her voice again. "What are you doing?" She schreeched in frustration and anger. Because this was the only thing his parents didn't know about him. His other power. The power to control plants. The same power as his Mother.
"I am doing what you always told me to do. I am doing whats best for me by using by powers to do what I want." Daemon said as he landed on the floor in a crouch, only to be met by a punch to the side of the head which sends him flying in a way similiar to what happened with his Father only moments earlier. Bellatrix gave a small gasp as she wasn't able to tear her eyes away from the scene, even though she wanted to.
Before he could stand up to retaliate he found himself once more bound by the vines. This time they were thicker and tighter then the first.He struggled and tried to use his powers to help him but he just wasn't strong enough at the moment. Demon and Wild Thing smirked, standing over him. "I will be back in a moment. There is something I got to take care of upstairs." Demon said his smirk growing as he turned and walked out of the room. Bellatrix and the Mayor had both started struggling again as he left. "Oh, shut up and get still. Or I will kill you right now." Wild Thing snapped before walking towards the other side of the room and picking up a magazine.
Daemon closed his eyes, thinking as hard as he could. After several moments he had an idea. The vines around him were new so they were tighter. What about Bellatrix's bindings? He closed his eyes in concentration once again and worked on releasing Bellatrix from her bindings.
After a moment the vines fell to the floor with an almost silent "Thump." Bellatrix looked confused until she caught Daemon's eye and he gave her a wink before looking over at Wild Thing and then back at her. Giving her a hint about what she was supposed to do. Bellatrix gave a grim nod, knowing what he wanted, no needed for her to do. She slowly started to dissapear and become invisible. Her Father had to bite his toungue to keep from accidently yelling out. He had no idea about her power. She grabbed a large vase and started to sneak up behind Wild Thing.
© Copyright 2008 neocheypie (neocheypie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1386721-Daemon