*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1387434-Sacrifice
by P K
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest · #1387434
Contest Entry
He had moved out and she was so lonely she could barely breathe.  He had sacrificed her heart on the altar of his own selfish desires.

One day and one night had passed and she wondered how to fill the remaining 12,842 days and nights of her life. 

This night she kissed the babies gently as the arrow of sadness pierced her heart again.  Tears filled her eyes and she quickly brushed them away as she closed the nursery door.  She had to remind herself she had made the only decision she could. 

Walking through the living room she took a deep breath, blew it out slowly, reached over and, in one smooth movement, she threw the piano vase in the floor, grabbed up the roses, and began to beat the piano with them.  Petals, leaves, and thorns flew from the branches but the action let loose the anger, the fear and a great deal of regret she had in her heart.

The fit over, she cleaned up the mess and headed to the kitchen.    In the kitchen she opened a cabinet and stared at the chocolate colored dishes he had recently purchased.  Calmly she pulled those out, put them on the counter and thought how much she would enjoy throwing those against the trees tomorrow morning.  “Ummmmm. don’t think the neighbors are going to love that!  Oh well….”  She stopped in front of the china closet  eyeing the antique rose bowl from his grandmother.  That might push it too far she thought. 

She continued her healing quest. 



258 Words
© Copyright 2008 P K (pkclassen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1387434-Sacrifice