*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1387538-Getting-Away-Clean
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1387538
The terrible monster of the distant planet Kremlor is defeated by an abhorrent effluvium.
Aliens
         The aliens were being slaughtered by the dozens. The human race had invaded their land to gain the planet’s resources for themselves. The earth was dying and they were desperate; desperate enough to drench their hands in innocent blood. The leader of the genocide was Commander Flourence. Going into the largest building in the alien city, Flourence took about four hundred of his best men with him. When they stepped in, they were greeted by a gargantuan monster so terrible, the unit fell down in terror hoping they would be spared. The giant had the face of a hound with snotty goo dripping from its shark-like fangs. It stood upright on two legs and had four husky arms protruding from its sides. The beast bent down and sniffed the terrified party, then with a cacophonous shriek, it tilted it’s head and fell backwards causing an earthquake which shook the surrounding terrain. The undulation made the ground crack and open around the frightened soldiers, swallowing them into the belly of the planet. The only survivor was Commander Flourence, and even he would have met his demise if it had not been for the jet pack he had found the day before.
         Later, Flourence told about the experience to another officer saying that it must’ve been the rank odor of the humans that killed the giant.
         “I did pass gas right before the monstrosity came down for a sniff,” laughed Flourence as he patted his human counterpart on the back.
© Copyright 2008 Matthew J. Galyen (arland at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1387538-Getting-Away-Clean