*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1388906-The-Seekers-part-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Philosophy · #1388906
The first of four short stories. Ambiguous theme of an escape from routine life.
“I hate this,” said the man with the beard.

“I know.  I know,” said the man in the glasses.

“Back to work,” stated the women in the white dress.

The two men continued what they were supposed to be doing, but whispered their conversation.

“We need a break.  We’re like slaves here,” said the man in the glasses.

“We could run,” stated the man with the beard.

“Why?  You know they’ll catch us again, and then we’ll have it worse than now,” the man with the glasses said.

“So?  If we stay here till’ they’ve burned us out, we’ll never have any freedom.  And is that really any better?” the man with the beard asked.

“I guess you’re right.  But how would we do it?” asked the man in the glasses

“When he tells us to move to our next task, we run for it,” the man with the beard stated.

“We’re bound to get caught no matter what we do.  So I guess one plan’s as good as another,” the man in the glasses sighed, “I’m in.”

“Just take my lead,” said the man with the beard.

“Time to move,” stated an omnipresent voice.

“Run!”
© Copyright 2008 D.C. Bornhart (foolswiseman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1388906-The-Seekers-part-1