*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1389003-The-Creep
Rated: 18+ · Essay · Experience · #1389003
Do you believe in the boogie man? We all did at one point but is he still around?
He used to be a monster you know. When you were a kid, he hid in your closet or under your bed. No matter who you told about him, no one believed you, did they?
In your teen years he seemed to have left you alone. Or maybe he was just your imagination like everyone said.

He has returned and somehow he has changed into some kind of psycho killer. He slips into your house and waits for you patiently. You never realize he’s there until you have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. Then as you are yawning and sitting on the toilet, you feel him. He’s back. And he’s standing behind the shower curtain.

Did the curtain just move? Trying to deny him being there is useless because you can feel him. He's there and he's quiet. The curtain! it is moving very slowly. What is he doing? Why won't he say something?

Finally you get the courage and do the last thing he expects and yank the curtain open. And he’s gone. You can’t even feel him any more. How did he do it? How did he get out of there? I guess the same way he got out when your parents searched your closet. Or he was never there you think to yourself, feeling silly.

You walk to your room ready to return to sleep but suddenly you realize he’s not gone. He’s walking behind you. He’s there again you can feel him he’s close.... Run.


Don’t be ashamed, we have all run. He used to be a monster you know.
© Copyright 2008 NycRoBo (rockboylan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1389003-The-Creep