*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1389122-The-Veil-of-Sadness
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Relationship · #1389122
A story of a couple
When they faced each other at the divorce attorney's office for the first time after their separation, there was complete quietness as if the air was still all nature sounds were mute.  No one spoke a word and each one of them chose the seat not facing the other directly and their attorneys took their seats beside them.

The air was heavy because the feelings were huge; disappointment, disbelief, anger, regrets, disrespect and hurt.  Looking at their faces you could read the thoughts going on their mind; how did all this happen?  How did we end up here?  Why?  You could see that they did not feel or hear anything in this meeting room, the attorneys discussions and disputes with their voice raised at times, all did not exist.  They were sailing their ship in a sea of thoughts.  Their life went on like a quick replay, fights, arguments, harsh words, tender love, making love, laughing, going to the movies, visiting family, but the question remained the same how did we end up this way?  And the question remained unanswered.  They looked in each others' eyes with reluctance first then their eyes met and the answer was there, tears just came down from their eyes like a river and the sadness of their hearts covered the room with a dark grey veil and suffocated the air.

She couldn't take it, she held herself with strength and she left quietly without looking back.  As she shut the door behind her with the attorneys watching speechless not understanding what was going on.  Just a minute later; he too held himself and went out the room without looking back leaving the heavy air and dark grey veil hanging there behind them.
© Copyright 2008 mahinoor00 (mahinoor00 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1389122-The-Veil-of-Sadness