*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1389271-my-paradise
by jane
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1389271
this is just a story beginner review so I know if I should continue with it or chuck it..
The sunlight seeped through my light T-shirt bathing my entire being in it's warmth. I stared at the incoming tides who's enraged waves seemed to crawl desperately at the shore, hoping to snatch something or someone to reward it's fervent efforts. But no one lined the beach today and the waves repeatedly returned empty handed. The teddy bear sand squeezed between my toes, which swayed back and forth as I soothed myself with the familiar sensation of drifting through the air upon the swing I was now seated. The soft moaning of the chains supporting my swing were carried on the light breeze, the noise bringing back a sense of nostalgia. This deserted place was almost my paradise, but something was not quite right and it nagged persistently at my thoughts. I couldn't place my finger on it until I gazed more thoroughly at the impossible scenery surrounding me. Thats when I became aware of the odd ripples that bordered the sky and the edges of this fantastic picture. It seemed almost identical to how lots of heat waves appear on an extremely hot day - only these ones were more distinct. As more things bacame apparent, like how the sand felt oddly similar to my fuzzy quilt and the chains seemed to be holding my swing from an unfathomable distance in the sky I realized with astonishment that this wasn't reality, only a mere dream. Yet I couldn't help doubting the fact that I created this all in my head, especially when the image of a familiar young man, with more defined features than this beach approached the other isolated swing.
© Copyright 2008 jane (kanami at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1389271-my-paradise