*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1390251-angel-of-mine
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Leanne
Rated: E · Other · Biographical · #1390251
a requirement for a certain writing subject
Your place was two seats away from me. It was destined to be that way. Our last names made regular interactions possible. It wasn’t just a one-way relation. I know you. You know me. And somehow, that made me happy.

When I first saw you I already knew
there was something inside of you
something I thought that I would never find
Angel of mine

I was from a different school, a new-comer.  I know only a few of the people I was supposed to be with for the next four years of my high school life but living the way that I was, I didn’t have the courage to talk, to make friends. You were there, seated in the same row, two seat away from mine. You were somewhat different from the others, though I had no idea at that moment why such impression crossed my mind. You turned to my direction. You opened a conversation. You opened our relation, our friendship.

I look at you, lookin' at me
Now I know why they say the best things are free
I'm gonna love you [girl] you are so fine
Angel of Mine


You almost have the same height as mine, though there are particular times that I even seem to be taller. You have a healthy body. During the four years that we’ve known each other, I have heard people asking you questions, inquiries to why you are “fat” though they noticed that you are not that fond of eating. I, on the other hand, need not to ask such question. You got it from your mom, while your morena complexion was from you dad.

You’re always neat and clean and confident.  Keyword: confident. I see that confidence by the way you flip your long straight black hair. I see that confidence by the way you send off smiles with your thin red lips and close-up smile white teeth. I see that confidence by the way you wave those dainty hands of your when you speak. You believe in yourself no matter what the odds are which is why I have labeled you an interesting character.

How you changed my world you'll never know
I'm different now, you helped me grow
You came into my life sent from above
When I lost all hope you showed me love
I'm checkin' for ya [girl] you're right on time
Angel of Mine

You’re such a good singer. I was never into music but I liked it when you sing. I have no interest in any musical instruments but I tolerated your “whim” to teach me on guitar chords. You like kids. You have a very long thread of patience that makes you endure their naughtiness.  I guess that’s because you have no younger sibling only a big brother. I guess that’s why you were fond of me. I guess that’s why you treated me like a younger sister.

Nothing means more to me than what we share
No one in this whole world can ever compare
Last night the way you moved is still on my mind
Angel of Mine

You were always late, though; late in our meetings, group works and symposiums, workshops and such. Maybe that is because you were used to having our group practices in your place since you are almost always the leader. And you were never good at Math, or Science. You loathed the subject, especially the first one. I guess that is one reason why you chose SPED as your course.

What you mean to me you'll never know
Deep inside I need to show
You came into my life sent from above (Sent from above)
When I lost all hope, you showed me love (Boy you showed me love)
I'm checkin' for ya,[girl] you're right on time (Right on Time)
Angel of Mine (Angel of mine)

Nanay likes you a lot. I guess it’s because you’re sweet to her and she finds you as such a nice kid. Whenever we have outings and such, you are the one who talks to Nanay and plead my case. Most often than not, the verdict is positive. You have your charms for the folks. I guess that is because you have your own grandmother to practice it on.

How you changed my world you'll never know
I'm different now, you helped me grow
I look at you lookin' at me
Now I know why they say the best things are free
I'm checkin' for ya, [girl] you're right on time
Angel of Mine

I make lots of promises but seldom do I fulfill them. But you’re a different case. You have the charm to make me promise and do a way for me to fulfill it. It is only to you that I hold a record of not breaking even a single word.  You know your charms, my dear friend.



© Copyright 2008 Leanne (vheng07 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1390251-angel-of-mine