*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1391208-Fortune
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #1391208
A small writing about fortune.
Fortune is a 20 year old college student. She goes to school in Italy, and summers in Mallorca. No one is quite sure how she got the post, but rest assured that its in perpetuity. She has a lot of friends, and is often out; so don't bother calling - she certainly won't answer. She is particularly adept at weaving in and out of the Roman traffic on her Vespa, especially when she is off shopping, or late to a late lunch. She dances til dawn and sleeps well past noon. Her father is very rich and very famous (in that order). The wheel with which she has been entrusted to steadily guide as a seasoned Captain with a hull full of spice might, is often left upon sill of the opened window, sometimes gently swaying as if surfing upon the leading edge of a Pavarotti vibrato, and sometimes rushing with the intensity of the storm waters through the Straits of Messina, and often painfully pleasurably pulsating as if The Sirens were singing just to you.

And about your desire that a constant application of chance be applied to your existence?
She couldn't care less.

--

http://resonantfreq.blogspot.com
© Copyright 2008 resonantfreq (resonantfreq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1391208-Fortune