*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1392255-Amelia-Raven-8
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Short Story · Other · #1392255
Who is this Shaughn, and why does he make Amelia feel this way?
I was completely lost in thought as I entered the house.
“ Lia? What are you doing home…why are you so red?” He asked in a brotherly tone.
I just shook my head and went to my room. I turned on my Breaking Benjamin cd and sat on my bed. My mind kept wandering to that moment only a few minutes before.
A knock came to my window. I was surprised as any other human would be to see Shaughn sitting in the tree outside my house, leaning back casually as if he’s done it a million times before.
I opened my window and leaned on the sill.
“ May I ask what you’re doing at my house, again?”
He patted the brand next to him. I looked at him skeptically.
“ I’m not going to hurt you.” He said sticking out his hand.
I hesitated at first, but finally took it. His touch sending tingles through my body.
He held my hand firmly until I sat down, even then he didn’t let go.
“ Um.”
“ Ah, sorry.” He said, releasing my hand.
We sat there for a moment in silence.
“ Aren’t you suppose to be in school?”
“ How do you know that?”
He sat there, staring into space.
I stood and began walking back to my room. And of course, I biff it. I quickly grab the branch before I fall, swinging myself back to my feet.
“ You should be more careful.”
His face right there shocked me, sending me backwards.
I didn’t have a chance to react to this one.
I closed my eyes, awaiting the pain.
I felt a tingling in my hand. I opened my eyes as my whole body began to shake.
I was close, so deathly close to him. He had his arms wrapped securely around my waist, pulled against him, no room between our bodies.
“ Calm down Lia, I’ve got you.”
But that didn’t stop my shaking. It increased once I saw the smile on his face.
“ Uh, I-I have to go.”
He let go, watching to make sure I didn’t fall again. I stepped into my room, turning to close my window, nearly running right into Shaughn.
“ Is something wrong?”
“ No, nothing.” I said taking a step back.
“ Are you sure?” He asked getting a little closer.
“ Mm-hm.” I nodded, still backing away.
He followed my every step. I soon found myself sitting on the bed, Shaughn’s arms on either side of me so I couldn’t move. He leaned down and smiled.
“ Why don’t you smile?” I put on a fake smile/
He lightly chuckled, his warm breath caressing my face. “ No, a real smile.” He brought his hands to my face and made me smile.
I pushed his hands away but he kept coming back. I couldn’t help but laugh with him.
All the sudden my door opened, and there stood Cash, and he looked pretty damn upset.
I what he’s seeing, his sister sitting on her bed, smiling like an idiot, a boy looming over her, hands on face, and his face centimeters from hers.
“ Cash…”
“ No.” He turned to look at Shaughn who now stood. “ You, out, now.”
“ Cash, we didn’t….”
“ OUT!” He yelled getting closer.
Shaughn winked at me before jumping out of my window.
“ Not your boyfriend huh?” I couldn’t argue with him right now, he was too upset. “ What’s wrong with you Amelia? Fist you lie to me about him, and now you’re skipping school to be with your boyfriend?”
I couldn’t just sit there. “ I didn’t lie to you about him Cash. And quite frankly I have no need to go to school.”
“ Is this just being a normal teenage girl?” He asked himself.
“ I’m not a normal teenage girl. I wouldn’t know.”
“ Yes you are Lia.”
“ No I’m not! There’s nothing normal about me! I hunt vampires Cash! How is that normal!?”
My mom walked into the room. “ You, training, now.”
I walked past Cash and my mother and went to our backyard without another word.
© Copyright 2008 YoruHane (yoruhane at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1392255-Amelia-Raven-8