*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1392521-My-friend-the-Hero---Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Fig
Rated: E · Other · Entertainment · #1392521
The continuing story of my friend, the hero
' You know what we should do when we get older?' Luke said aloud. He and Floyd were sitting under a tree during lunch, just talking. Not about anything in particular, they talked about some games they were currently playing and a movie they planned to see on the weekend.

'What's that?' Floyd asked, curious as to his friend's suggestion.

'We should both learn martial arts. But, different styles so you could learn something like Jujitsu and I would learn Tae Kwon Do and then ten years later, we'd meet back up and fight!' Luke said looking into the sky. He had a dreamy look in his eyes.

'You're joking right?' Floyd said with a little smile.

'No, i'm not. I really want both of us to learn how to fight.' Luke replied with the same dreamy look in his eyes, with a hint of determination behind it.

'But, I can fight. I don't need to learn a martial art.' Floyd said, standing dusting off his pants.

'Well, you could sorta fight, but you're not really good or anything. Yeah you're naturally strong, but you need to learn how to fight PROPERLY' Luke said, still sitting.

'And you're better than me?' Floyd asked, prodding him with his foot. Luke pushed it away, with ease. Floyd attempted to poke him again, but Luke caught his foot and looked up at him. Floyd twisted his foot away and swung his other foot at Luke. For a big guy, he moved fast and dodged the kick. Climbing to his feet, he faced Floyd. Though considerably smaller than Luke, Floyd showed no fear and charged at him full speed hitting him square in the stomach. This did not take him down as Floyd intended to, but aggravated the gentle giant. Lifting Floyd by the mid-section, Luke was going to slam Floyd unto the grassy field, but still resourceful, Floyd managed to wriggle out of his grasp and fall behind him. Gripping Luke from behind, Floyd took a deep breath, squatted a little then with all of his strength lifted Luke off the ground.

'What the hell! Floyd don't!' Luke screamed surprised at being lifted by his smaller friend. Intending to slam him into the grass because of the sudden cry to stop, Floyd released him and Luke was still able to fall on his feet.

'I guess I don't need to learn a martial art.' Floyd said doubled over panting.

'Yes, you do.' Luke said standing erect. 'While you possess great strength, your speed could be improved along with your stamina. Right now you could only fight for a very small period of time and while you'll do great in that small period of time, it would make you lose faster, than make you win' Floyd was surprised at not only the analysis by his friend, but the seriousness at how he said it. Looking up at his friend, he saw an expression that he never saw before. It was one that showed maturity, seriousness and great understanding. It reminded him of an old sage....

'I will consider it, thanks.' Floyd said. Luke extended a hand for him and Floyd accepted it.
© Copyright 2008 Fig (ninja64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1392521-My-friend-the-Hero---Chapter-2