*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1393727-Unknown-Ted
by Cliona
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fanfiction · #1393727
An eight year old girl's struggle between life and death.

Crack of dawn heightened the hope for a new day, promising the earth for its existence to make lives better for everyone, perhaps, not for everyone. Sun rays decorated the room in different shades, transforming the flower vase near the bedroom door to appear gloomy in the shadow of a huge piano situated beside it. The rays revealed the dark face of each object through the transparent curtain, leaving a bright portion facing towards the sun for justice, except for the flower vase, which divulged a philosophy of life and truth. Broken frames and glass pieces of night lamp with thick blood stains had covered the floor, which symbolized the horror of darkness within a human heart.

Tania’s warm hands surrounded me; I heard a sigh of relief from her lips. I felt her hands trembling faintly, bruises on her forehead caused her beautiful blond hair to be tinted in blood. When she buried her feverish face on me, I felt her heavy breathing with tears soaking my furs. I knew that my head was completely drenched with her tears from previous night.

She loved me and trusted me more than anyone else on her life, if I could cry, I would have cried sharing her sorrow. Every night she suffered and whimpered witnessing that beast, abusing and raping her mother. She had never left that room unless she was asked to come  out. I could still remember the day when her mother introduced me to Tania saying that I will be her best friend forever, but I knew that I love her more as her soul mate than a mere old toy.

She slowly opened her eyes holding me closer, I sensed her fear with her heart beat racing faster as she slowly looked at her closet. She got up hugging me tight against her chest, but before she could place her bare feet down on the floor, she saw a pool of blood near the closet. I felt something wrong, when she walked towards the closet. I wanted her to stop, besides I won't bear seeing her crying.

For once in my life, I totally believed that I had spoken to her, when she lifted me up and looked into my eyes saying, “Don’t worry Ted, I hope my mom is sleeping in there, she is alright.” I knew Tania was lying, even she knew it was a lie, but we both wanted to believe it. Her hands reached to open, but the memories of her mother’s agony weakened her. She was emotionally drowned to accept the tragedy that happened the night before.

I saw Tania trying to pull back her mother, when that beast stabbed the knife on her mother’s chest and pushed away Tania, to drag the body to dump it her closet.

Slowly, Tania opened the closet and saw her mom’s body in an awful state. The body appeared blue with bad injuries. She cried louder and fell to the floor fainting with me in her arms. I prayed hard with all my faith for her to wake up. After a while, I saw her eyelids opening and she caressed my fur. Even though I was glad she got up, I knew she was seriously ill that her body temperature was boiling. She began to weep, when she realized the only caring human she ever counted upon had left her to face the cruelty of that beast all alone. I prayed god to save her from that hell. Unfortunately she had been badly wounded that she couldn’t help herself to run away, though she crawled on the floor to reach the staircase. She gradually came down, struggled her grasp for balance, while holding me in one hand.

I wanted her to let me go for god's sake, however, she didn’t let me go at any point. She knew that no matter what comes upon, she would be facing it with me by her side.

She landed downstairs and lagged behind the couch. I was sure that beast wasn’t there at that moment, because when he was closer, Tania and I tend to sense a fear in the air. Living room was in a mess, but the beast ain’t there, he mostly visited during the night times. Tania dialed to cops with all the strength left in her little body, but before she had finished the conversation. Our nightmare came alive, that beast which she called as her step father came before us.

His evil eyes glared at her furiously with lust, she screamed in terror and hugged me tightly. I prayed hard for him to disappear, but that beast snatched me from her hands and threw me away. I fell near their dining table on my side, which prevented me from looking back at my Tania. I saw her little blue frock as it blew away before me, I heard her blaring. I knew her screams were on pain. Her shriek was from an unbearable pain which she could no longer hold on to. After a few moments, there was a deadly silence which made me nervous.

Suddenly I felt a warm skin grabbing me, it was Tania! But I felt her heart beat barely. She became extremely cold and I felt her painful state. She had crept all the way from the living room to my side only by her skin to hold me. With one last look she told me, “Ted I love you, I love you so much.. don’t ever leave me.”

That was the last breathe of my girl.

I saw cops coming in, taking me away from Tania for DNA test for her murder. At the end of her case Tania’s step father was arrested, when they found his finger prints on me. I heard them talking that I was the last thing he touched in the house and forgot to clear off his prints. He was accused of brutal murders and rape.

After the case, they were instructed to destroy the evidences, I felt happy for putting the beast into the detention, which killed my Tania and her mother. Before they put me on the burning fire, I saw a little girl looking at me with a smile and waiting for my arrival.

I knew that no one can take me away from Tania, because I was her guardian angel and saved her from that hell. She deserved to be in heaven not hell!




© Copyright 2008 Cliona (cliona at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1393727-Unknown-Ted