*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1395461-Stuff
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Other · #1395461
Just me ranting and raving.
Why is it so hard for me to put words on paper? It’s always been a production for me. I’ll have a great idea for a story, a great idea for a speech, a great idea for something, then I lose it. I go on the computer to type it out and poof, it’s gone. Either I write whatever it is and I think it’s stupid or I just write nothing at all.

I don’t know if I’m a good writer anymore. I always feel like I start something but I just never finish it. Hell I don’t even enjoy writing anymore. I feel as though I’m losing my individuality sometimes, or maybe I was never an individual to start.

Maybe I’m just this lifeless clone of the establishment, walking around wanting all sorts of really nice things and making sure I eat right and making sure I don’t break any laws and making sure I never get my hands dirty because only shitty people with shitty jobs get there hands dirty and making sure that I don’t upset my elders because God forbid if I have an inner voice that needs to be let out and God forbid if I’m an individual. That might be to much for the world to handle. That might be to much for anyone to handle. I’m convinced that this government is trying to silence this generation and make us mindless clones of one another so we can stimulate yet another piece of shit economy and I’ve fallen for it. We’ve all fallen for it.

Hardly anyone of my generation has self respect. They don’t appreciate or love themselves, thus pretend to be someone they’re not, walking around with make believe confidence that just turns into a bad attitude. They sit around and they look for trouble just they can show the world how bad ass they are. Anyone who’s in college knows what I’m talking about . I’ve been sitting in class listening to the professor, getting really into the lecture, into the conversation, really diggin’ the whole class setting, and then some douche bag had to ruin it. Some dick has to start talking or make a smart ass comment and ruin the good time for everyone. The majority of the time it’s these fucks straight from high school, some fuck who thinks he is so fucking cool and so hot that he can get away with anything and has to prove it. These people are so weak and it shows. That’s why I’m sitting back and laughing, guys. These people aren’t going to amount to very much and there are just so many of them. That’s why our generation is going to fail and there isn’t anything we can do about it.

Another thing that seems to have fallen onto the laps of my generation is resignation. As soon as something comes along that they don’t think they can deal with they shut down and don’t do anything. I’ve seen it happen. I’ve seen someone actually fall to the ground and go complete catatonic because he didn’t think he could what the teacher asked. It’s scary shit and it’s happening all the time.

My mother tells me all the time I’m an old man in a young man’s body. And maybe I am. Maybe I expect to much of my generation and maybe I’m just one big critical douche. Or maybe I have a point. But that’s not for me to decide, it’s for all you guys. Because everyone has an opinion. Or maybe they don’t. What if everyone just copies everyone else’s opinions? Like I said, what if we’re all clones of one another?

That’s what opinion is for.
© Copyright 2008 Rene' Birdsall (dgoodman2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1395461-Stuff