*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1395704-Americas-Self-Destruction
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Editorial · Political · #1395704
Just some thoughts on current politics.
If you mention communism as a significant issue in today’s society, you will probably be laughed out of the room you are in. It may seem extreme to suggest that Democrats in this country are promoting Socialism, Communism, Fascism, or Theocracy, but there is a thin line between the government programs that are in place today in America and those of Stalinist Russia, Nazi Germany, and Italy under Mussolini. In fact, the punishing progressive income tax system we are subjected to in this country today is almost a complete manifestation of one of the pillars of Karl Marx’s “perfect communist society”. Government handouts such as welfare, universal healthcare, or the money that is constantly thrown into the public school system are the seeds of socialism being planted in the free-market based experiment that was the soil of our fore-fathers vision. In the same way that heavily invested stock owners hold a large share of input in what an open-market business produces or provides capital for, a government holds a large share in what it is required to pay for. This is why the Federal Government of the United States is free to decide it has an obligation and a right to control many aspects of the personal lives of American citizens. It is not unjust logic either. Programs that are subsidized by an entity should be regulated by the entity which pays for them. This is the essence of the capitalist mentality.

The dislocation lies within the fact that in a Capitalist, Free-market society, the federal government should not be regulating the fiscal decisions of its citizens. The federal government in a capitalist nation exists to provide defense for its nation’s economic interests, but not to control its economy. The economy is by the nature of the market, a separate animal altogether.

When a government, such as ours, is subsidizing things like healthcare, education, and welfare it has the right to control what it is investing in; consequently, it has the right to determine exactly how an individual invests in his own health, education, and welfare. Thus, by definition, it follows that the government can determine, what a person believes are the physical, social, and financial conditions that one can live under satisfactorily.  When a government is in control of what a person believes, it is no longer able to be considered to be a free society, but a Theocracy. This is an ideology in complete contrast to what Liberal Democrats claim to be sponsoring. A theocracy is generally thought of to be a religious state, but it is in fact a state that is founded on a system of beliefs. Beliefs are founded on concepts of faith, which, though generally consisted with the objectives of religion, can be, and are in fact, also based on the aims of a secular society. Secularism is based on a confidence(otherwise known as faith) in the supremacy of the “almighty” Federal Government. This is the reliance in the federal government to make decisions on behalf of individuals regarding their personal lives. It requires not only the breakdown of the autonomy of the nuclear-family, but the breakdown of the independence of the individual, and the merging of the individual with the state. This is the essence of Communism, Socialism, Totalitarianism, and Fascism.

In order to correct this state that we are currently enslaved to, the people of this country must recognize the seeds of totalitarianism that are present in contemporary society. It is no secret that Communism is the enemy of Capitalism. The U.S. was not engaged in a 40 year Cold War in secret…It must be made clear that there is a party that represents socialistic government policy that could cripple this nation, and bring about the beginnings of its destruction. It must be made clear that this party is on the verge of winning a presidency. It must be made abundantly clear that the policies of this party could damage not only the economy, but the basic principles of this great nation, if not indefinitely, then for a long stretch of history to come. It may take no less than a revolution to stop this catastrophe from bearing down on our children and grandchildren, but it required no greater men than exist today, to create this great experiment in democracy which the majority of us our proud to call our heritage. In the words of Thomas Jefferson, “…experience has proved it safer for the mass of individuals composing the society to reserve to themselves personally the exercise of all rightful powers to which they are competent, and to delegate those to which they are not competent, to deputies named and removable for unfaithful conduct by themselves immediately."

We must take up the united cause to uproot government (politicians) who would hold us hostage to the oppression of high income-tax government revenues and fascistically funded regulation of business, and install leadership to those who would give us the authority to control our own fiscal endeavors independently. This is the purpose of democracy, and the cause for which our predecessors gave their lives in the hopes that we, their grandchildren, could live in freedom from tyranny.         
© Copyright 2008 Julius McLovin (spatafizzle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1395704-Americas-Self-Destruction