*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1396839-Black-DiamondsThe-Robbery
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1396839
John Cole,Scott and Eddie planned to steal a boxful of black diamonds.
Black Diamonds: The Robbery.
                                                          BY: Frantz A Roody.


         The city church’s bell rang about a minute ago. It was one past ten, then. Cole sat still on his dainty chair placed under placed under the coconut tree. He was waiting for Scott and Eddie to pick him up any minute. He stretched his body as he stood up. He had woken up about four hours ago and hadn’t eaten yet. He was anxious, very anxious.

         The next minute, he walked out of the yard hoping to see a sign of life. No way. The streets were all empty of traffic. No sign of Scott. No sign of Eddie. He started to perspire. As the clocks ticked, he sweated more and more. He went back into the yard.  Still waiting. What might have happened to them? That’s what stuck in his head for several minutes.

         Since he had known them, which was twenty years now, they were always bright and early for every single plan. He couldn’t understand why they had to be late on such an important day. But, why was this day so important? Then, his cell phone rang. Five past ten. He took it out of his pocket. Scott’s name was what showed up on the screen.  He hastily proceeded to press the ANSWER button.

         “Yeah, Scotty?”

         “How are you doing, Cole?” asked Scott who was already on his way to Cole’s house.  Cole stood still for a moment then, agitatedly asked “Where are you guys?”  He was very curious.  He didn’t want to wait anymore.

         “Beach, man, relaxing,” responded Scott.  It was starting to be a little out of control. Would he really screw up that day.

         “What, Scott…. ?”He didn’t have time to ask the question. Scott had hung up already. He tried to call back. No answer. Ten past ten already. He got even more nervous. He loitered in front of the house without knowing what to do. He finally decided that he was going to get a coffee. The  screeching of tires stopped him as he was going inside.  The white BMW stopped right in front of his gate but he could not see through the tinted windows. He continued on his way to get the coffee. The next thing that stopped him dead in his tracks was the sound of
Scott’s voice.

         “Cole, two minutes behind schedule. ”He turned around in surprise. His desperate 30-year-old face changed back to normal when he saw Scott and Eddie.

         “Sooo,Scotty…?”He was interrupted by Eddie’s proposition.

         “Let’s take a ride, Mon vieux. ”

         Cole got into the car astonished. He didn’t say a word for two minutes. He was amazed by the luxury in there. Eventually, he looked at Scott and said,” When will you stop playing these tricks on me, Man?”

         “Just chill, they’ll be over soon,” replied Scott, laughing. Eddie was usually a quiet guy, not much into details. He was just observing the scenery around the LANB as they arrived at their destination. It was a six-story-building and the prize was located on the third floor in Room 5. Cole’s task was to get his hands on the prize. Eddie had to cut out the alarm, the surveillance cameras and replace them with their own cameras to help Scott do his part which was securing the outer perimeter of the bank and observe the inside on his laptop. That was to make sure that there was no miscarriage of the plan.

         It was all set up and they were ready to proceed. Eddie did his part while Cole was observing the building to see where he could get in.  A minute later, the voice on his earphone said,: “All clear, proceed to plan B. ”

         “Alright, Scott, how are the pictures?” asked Cole before penetrating the building. Scott checked the perimeter and the images transmitted by the cameras and repeated,: “A lot like Christmas, proceed to plan B. ”

         Cole entered the building, holding his GPS hoping that he could find the way to Room 5 as soon as possible.  As he was turning around the corner, a beeping sound startled him.  He held the GPS up and read
the directions to Room 5.

         Meanwhile, Eddie headed back to the car outside. Cole is getting rocks and we’re going to roll, he thought. Suddenly he realized that something strange was happening. Where was Scott and where was his portable? Eddie headed right back inside hoping to find Scott. He soon found him with two bullets in the back of his head. He was transfixed by the sight of the corpse and started to cry. The next minute, he cried out “Nooooo, noooooo.” And all that was heard after that was the sound of two more gunshots. There lay two bodies next to each other at the entrance of Room 5.

         Cole hid the bodies under one of the desks in the room. He calmly picked the box. What did the box contain that made him so willing to kill friends. Cole opened it and examined the small, black, shiny things in there. He closed it very quickly and ran to the BMW outside. Now, he had a brand new and expensive car, and a box full of rare, priceless black diamonds. There was one thing missing, happiness.

The next day, he sold the car and flew to France, looking for happiness that you could buy in the City of Light.

“Au revoir, Los Angeles. ”
© Copyright 2008 Frantz A Roody (roodinho at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1396839-Black-DiamondsThe-Robbery