*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1398512-Being-a-teen-with-CP
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #1398512
A poem I wrote in high school...

Being a teen with CP...
Being a teen with CP, means not getting invited to Fridays big party.
Being a teen with CP, means sticking out in crowds because you are the only one in a wheelchair.
Being a teen with CP, means not having as many friends as every one else.
Being a teen with CP, means still trying to join a clique your senior year.
Being a teen with CP, means being very shy.
Being a teen with CP, means going for days with out talking to anyone.
Being a teen with CP, means not getting your drivers license.
Being a teen with CP, meansthinking you are crazy because no one around you understands what you are going through.
Being a teen with CP, means getting talked to like a two year old by kids your age & younger.
Being a teen with CP, means filling your book bag so full with magazines, tapes & CDs.
So that people will come up to you & as if they can read the magazines & listen to the music.
Being a teen with CP, means getting a lot of operations to walk.
Then having to recover & learn how to walk all over again.
Being a teen with CP, means that online is your best friend.
Being a teen with CP, means that you are very lonely.

By Jennifer Renee Johnson
1998
© Copyright 2008 EriesPinkButterflyChick (jennj1980 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1398512-Being-a-teen-with-CP