*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1398602-Loved-Stranger
Rated: E · Poetry · Personal · #1398602
For my grandmother I never met.
We may have never met, but there are stories that have been told.
If they were good or bad, I don’t care, because to me they are gold.

It’s a dream for me to see a woman, my grandmother, a stranger I’ve never met.
To start a voyage at eighteen is my first chance and best bet.

To one day set my eyes upon her is more than just a dream.
It’s my heart’s goal and duty to see her face, her smile, and eyes radiantly gleam.

It’s hard to know there’s another person who has my similar characteristics, my flesh, and my blood.
Imagining if she ever thinks of me and if I’m ever on her mind makes my heart start pounding with confusion as my tears begin to flood.

I want her to know even though I don’t know her, I love her with all my heart,
And that barriers such as both us living in two different states and me not yet an adult can’t keep us forever apart.

So promise you’ll keep waiting and live life to your fullest, until we meet, every year.
Because to never meet is my heart’s only god forsaken fear.
© Copyright 2008 omg_i_luv_you (omg_i_luv_you at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1398602-Loved-Stranger