*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1398843-The-Greatest-Predator
by James
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Animal · #1398843
A short fable that dipicts the quarries between a passive wolf tribe and a tyrant bear.
The Greatest Predator
One day the greatest among bears, was harassing a wolven tribe, proclaiming that he was the greatest predator of all demanding that the wolves make the bear their king. Yet his efforts proved worthless for the wolves didn’t even seem to care.
         For 5 more days the bear would attempt to persuade the wolves by harassing them and calling them names still persisting that he was the greatest predator and still anger did not stir in the wolven tribe. Soon the bear became enraged and set their village afire and stomped on the ashes in spite of the defiant animals. Yet the wolves simply rebuilt their village and went on with their lives.
         The bear was more puzzled and angry than ever before. No animal had defied him until now. Not a fox, squirrel, or beaver. Not even the mighty mountain lions denied him as their king.
         So in a last attempt to gain kingship from the wolves, the bear snatched a mother and her child from the village and killed them both high up for all the wolves to see. As you could imagine the wolves had had enough of this harassment. All the wolves in the tribe began to approach the bear, unsheathing their mighty claws and teeth. The bear quickly jumped back and anger turned to fear.
         The bear thought it best to return to his den high in the mountains where the wolves might not follow; and so he walked ever so casually back to his den that housed his wife and kids. In spite of the terrain though, the wolven tribe followed him all the way back to the den where they first slaughtered his wife and two sons. Then they burnt down his den of branches and sod. Then they killed the tyrant himself, the “great” bear.     
© Copyright 2008 James (thephilosopher at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1398843-The-Greatest-Predator