*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1399675-Pokemon-Lunar-Legends
Rated: E · Other · Fanfiction · #1399675
My Pokemon fan fic. just the prologue though, I'll post other chapters later.
Okay, Here's my pokemon FanFic, hope you all enjoy it! Sorry it's just the Prologue right now but I'll get more up soon. (I'll probably try to finish Secret Past first though.)



Pokémon: Lunar Legends


Pokémon and all related characters etc.©Nintendo
Story and Original Characters©Me, My Sis & My Cousin
By: TigerFan

Prologue: The re-telling of legends

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Legend of the Lunar Princess
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Long, Long, ago, there was a prosperous kingdom that existed in one of the many regions. The knowledge of exactly which region has been lost to the ravages of time. The kingdom was ruled by a young prince; left alone after the untimely deaths of the King and Queen.

The prince had decided that he needed to marry so that the kingdom would once again have a queen; However, every princess he met with cared far more for her wardrobe and royal jewels, than for running a kingdom and helping it’s residents with their problems.

They didn’t even really care about their own pokémon, just that they had fancy bejeweled collars and such.

The prince was beginning to think he would never find a queen for his kingdom, someone who could help him to run the kingdom, who would care about the important things, not just her next acquisition for the royal treasury. Someone who would be willing and able to battle alongside him with well-loved and cared-for pokémon who would be well trained as well.

The prince began hear rumors of a maiden who was said to be more beautiful than any other maiden any man had ever laid eyes on. It was speculated, because of her incredible beauty and because no one knew who she was or where she came from, that she was not from earth, but from the moon, like the pokémon clefairy.

The “Lunar Princess” as she had been dubbed was said to very kind and caring, for it was said that she had taken care of some sick and injured pokémon and had purchased some food for a hungry child. The lunar princess was also said to be very brave and virtuous, for it had been said that when she saw a traveler in trouble she called upon a strange pokémon to help the traveler battle a bandit.

The prince became very intrigued by the mysterious lunar princess, as no one had ever actually seen her, nor could anyone find someone who had. The prince had eventually become so curious to meet this lunar princess that he, against the advice of his advisors who believed the princess to be nothing more than a young man’s fantasy, started sending his guards to investigate the rumors and find the lunar princess.

As time went by however, no sign of the lunar princess could be found. Nothing more than the stories. The prince was beginning to despair, for the more he daydreamed of the beautiful princess, the more in love with her he became. Soon he gave up the search.

One day, the prince decided to take a walk in the forest outside the castle walls. So the prince quietly snuck out of the castle and once in the forest he enjoyed a stroll with his pokémon, an arcanine. Suddenly a sound came to the prince’s ears, the sound of a beautiful voice singing! The prince’s arcanine caught a scent just then and took off, deeper into the forest.

The prince followed his arcanine until they reached a clearing;, and there, in the clearing, was a beautiful young maiden, the most beautiful the prince had ever seen. She wore a beautiful white gown of silk and lace and a single jewel on a silver chain around her neck.

Her lovely lavender hair, fell down her shoulders, almost to her waist. Her lovely face was as pale as the full moon but her cheeks were rosy and warm. Her lips were lightly colored a pale pink and her eyes shined a crystalline blue, sparkling like the stars in the night sky. The prince could have gazed at her forever, for she seemed to glow like the moon itself. “This must be the Lunar Princess!” The prince said to himself.

The maiden had seen the prince standing before her and as he gazed at her she spoke: “Who are you? You are dressed as royalty so I suppose you must be royalty.” She said, studying the prince. He recalled himself. “I am the prince who rules this kingdom. Might you be the “Lunar Princess” everyone has been talking about?” He asked. “Lunar Princess? Is that what they have been calling me?” She asked. She explained the truth to the prince. However, no one is really sure of exactly what she told him.

The prince listened to her as she told him the truth of the stories about her and when she was finished he knew, that she was the one he wanted to marry. He had not even seen her till now but he was certain that he was in love with her.

The prince took the signet ring from his finger and walked to where the princess was standing, he took her hand and slipped the signet ring on her finger. “Come with me to my castle and be my queen.

I will do whatever you ask of me, just please come with me. Marry me.” He proposed to he, softly pleading with her to come with him. She looked at the ring he had placed on her finger, then she gazed into his eyes, and with one look, she could tell that he meant every word he had said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“How does the story end Grandpa?” The little girl asked, her crystalline blue eyes shining in the sunlight as she gazed up at her grandfather, Igglybuff in lap.

“Well, as I‘ve told you before, the story has many different variations, some say that instead of a prince he was a farmer, or merchant, or other peasant of sorts, even a thief! Others say that he never found the princess at all and that she truly was a myth.” The old man cleared his throat. “Of course, it all depends on whichever version you like best.”

“So what happened Grandpa?” The little girl asked impatiently.

“Well no one can say for sure, In some variations she marries the prince and they live happily ever after, but, in other versions she disappears or some such other tragedy occurs.”

“That’s sad, I think they should have been married.” The little girl said, shaking her lavender pigtails in disapproval of not hearing an ending to the story.

“Okay, now can you tell us the other story? The one about the lunar pokémon?”
The little boy asked. His green eyes, flashing emeralds, in the sunlight, his little growlith sitting happily beside him and the little girl, tail wagging.

“Okay, I’ll tell that one now.” He said to the chorus of ‘hooray’ by the children as he propped them up on his knees.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Legend of the Lunar Pokémon
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
About a hundred years or so ago, there was a group of explorers and their pokémon, who were exploring some treacherous mountainous terrain. They had come a long way to settle a new town in the mountains where they could grow berries the grew well in that sort of place and begin a new life. The leader of the group had no pokémon of his own though so he had to watch from safety as the others handled the occasional wild pokémon battle.

One day, as he was scouting ahead he found it, the perfect spot for a town. There was a small valley nestled at the foot of a mountain and surrounded by forest. He led the others to the valley and that is where they began building. After almost a year of hard work later they had a little town in the valley.

The town was prosperous and everyone was happy, there was plenty of berries and other crops, plenty of fresh water supplied be the river that ran by the town, and the wild pokémon were friendly. Everything was perfect, or so they thought.

After two years of bountiful berry harvests they were ready to begin sending someone to make the long trek to the nearest city to sell the berries as pokémon food and pokéblock ingredients.

Before anyone could go however, a large group of bandits appeared. As they had trained their pokémon for intense trainer battles they were much stronger than the townspeople and won easily. After the battle was over they stole their fill of the berries and even some of the townspeople’s pokémon.

This went on for several more months and it seemed no one could stop the bandits.
The young man who’d found the valley, and therefore was the town founder, wished he could do something to help. He hated not being able to do something other than watching the bandits terrorize his friends and steal the berries they worked so hard to grow.

Then one day as the town was again being ransacked by the bandit’s the young man stood up to them. “Why don’t you go and find something better to do than stealing our berries!” He said.

“Ha! ha! ha! Who are you to tell us what to do? You don’t even have any pokémon to battle with! Why don‘t you get out of our way before you get hurt, chump.” They said laughing at him.

He knew they were right, the only way to make them leave was to battle them and win, but with no pokémon it was useless. The bandits began to take the berries when suddenly a voice was heard. “Leave them be! They have done nothing to you!” Everyone looked around to see where the voice had come from.

There it was, standing at the entrance to the forest, a large pokémon, with a build much like that of the legendary pokémon Suicune and fangs like Raikou. It’s fur was white with black stripes, it’s eyes were like yellow moons and it had moon shaped markings on it’s head and tail.
“What is it?” Everyone was asking. “I am the lunar pokémon. I am the guardian of the pokémon sanctuary and I have seen what you have done.” The pokémon spoke using telepathy.

It looked at the young man, who was trembling. “I will help you defend your home. In return you must promise to help me defend mine. The Pokémon Paradise.” It said. “Of course I will!” The young man agreed and then he and the lunar pokémon battle the bandits with it’s strange powers and soon the bandits fled, never to be seen or heard from again.
Before the lunar pokémon disappeared he gave the young man a gem, the lunar jewel. He was told that should he need the lunar pokémon’s assistance again the jewel could be used to summon it. Only the young man could remember what had happened, no one else could recall the strange and mysterious pokémon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Wow…” Both children breathed.

“It’s an amazing story isn’t it?” The old man asked.

“It sure is, Is it a true story?” The little boy asked, brushing a piece of blue hair out of his face.

“I don’t think so, Grandpa’s told it to me a million times though. I wish I could see that pokémon though. I bet it’s really pretty.” The little girl said.

“It sounds really strong too, and, a little scary.” The little boy said.

The old man softly chuckled. “I think the lunar pokémon is nice, after all, it did save the town. You know what else? I also think it might be the same kind of pokémon that helped the lunar princess.”

“Really?” Both children asked.

“Yep, I think so.” The old man said as they slid off his lap.

“That would be cool!” The little girl said.

“Yeah!” The little boy agreed. Then they both took off to play with their pokémon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
© Copyright 2008 TigerFan (tigerwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1399675-Pokemon-Lunar-Legends