*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1399906-The-Re-Animators
by Enik
Rated: E · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1399906
Can James, Tom, And Lilly Save the world?
The Re-Animators
         1846, London England
         Three men rush to a table in the middle of a large oblong room. They all pull up chairs and begin to talk. “So we are all in agreement, no longer will we be normal but we will possess powers far above what others before us have accomplished!” Shouted the first man
“But Lord Necromancer, how can we accomplish bringing the dead back so early in this stage of our experiments?” Questioned the second man
“Don’t question our great Lord, Rigomortum, He is always right.” Explained the third man
“Shut up Necrosis” Rigomortum shouted in rage
“Calm down my friends, all in good time.” Soothed Lord Necromancer
         Present Day, Atlanta Georgia
         James, Tom, and Lilly are all running to their high school before they lock the doors and the tardy bell rings, but little did they know their paths would soon cross. As they made the final dash around the corner to their respective classrooms they happened to run in to each other, Literality. Their books flew all over the hallway. They soon realized that there would be no time to get to class, so they took their time and got to talking. As it turned out they became fast friends.
         Every day they would walk home together, but one day James had a grandiose idea. He said that they should all sneak into the local cemetery this Saturday no matter what. That night they all got on their phones and called each other to hammer out the details. They decided to sneak out around midnight and be back at their houses around four the next morning.
         That Saturday night their intrepid little group snuck out of their houses and met at the cemetery. They all turned on their flash lights and climbed up the rusty cast iron gate that groaned under their weight and when they landed on the ground they made a soft thud. They looked around to see a world of grey weathered headstones and large family plots all covered with a greenish lichen. On some of the head stones you could barely even make out the name.
         They heard the soft wing beats of some unknown creature and the rustling in the bushes of other nocturnal animals. As they proceeded forward they heard a conversation. It was quiet at first they couldn’t even make out the words, but as they got closer they heard what the strangers were saying and they also noticed what they were wearing.
         They were dressed in black hooded robes. They were so black it made the darkest night look like the brightest day. They all wore skull broaches and black leather gloves. “Tonight is sure to be the night that we complete our army of the re-animated and conquer the world!” Exclaimed Lord Necromancer
“The spirits are restless tonight, everything is perfect.” Said Necrosis
“Once we rule the world I want to rule the Americas.” Interjected Rigomortum
“Easy Rigomortum we will cross that bridge when we come to it, but for now we rule nothing.” Explained Lord Necromancer as he set up his equipment
         The kids moved in ever so slowly as to not make even the slightest sound on the leaf covered terrain below their feet. James said “What do you think they are doing?”
“Why do you think we would know” Lilly stammered
         The saw the ones called Rigomortum and Necrosis pick up shovels and start digging. Once they reached the coffin inside the grave they activated a strange looking machine. It was painted cobalt blue and had a telescopic arm that stretched over the grave site. Once it was in place “Lord Necromancer” pressed a button on the side of the machine and a small glowing orb of energy descended down into the grave. After about thirty seconds they heard a moan a moan that made your blood run cold as if it were a river choked with ice.
         Then a dark shadowy figure ascended out of the grave. It staggered to its feet and gave another dreadful moan. “Lets get out of here” whispered Tom.
“What are you chicken, this guys talking about world domination and he brought the dead back to life,” James responded, “We cant leave now.”
“James is right as much as I hate to say it, but we need to find out what he is going to do.” Lilly pointed out
         James, Tom, and Lilly followed close behind the men in the black cloaks and that thing they had resurrected. “What was that?” Whispered Necrosis. All three of the cloaked men turned around and saw the three children peering at them behind the bushes. “Don’t just stand there,” Shouted Lord Necromancer, “Get them.”
         Necrosis, Rigomortum, and the “thing” chased after them. The children sprinted across the muddy field, dodging tomb stones as they went. When they reached were they thought the gate was they looked around to find no gate. They needed to find a way out of this dreadful graveyard. As they ran along the boarder of the fence Necrosis jumped in front of them. Necrosis swung his shovel but as he swung it James, Tom, and Lilly jumped out of the way, and then James and Tom Tackled him to the ground and knocked him out cold.
         Soon after that Rigomortum came thundering through the shrubbery behind them. James hopped out of the way and tripped him as he went to attack Tom and Lilly. They dragged the squirming man over to the excavated grave and dropped him in it. They took a minute to relax but still alert because they knew that Lord Necromancer and the “Thing” were still out there. After they caught their breath they resumed their perilous trek across the graveyard.
         Soon after that they heard the same moan they had heard earlier. They knew the “Thing” was not far behind them. They knew they were faster but it would be better to get rid of it now rather than later. They opened the door to a large crypt and made a lot of noise as they stomped down the stone stairs, and it followed them in. Once they knew he was inside the crypt they dashed up the stairs and locked the door behind them. “Just getting rid of three of those guys makes me feel better,” Noted Lilly, “but there is still that other guy.”
“Lilly is right, I don’t feel comfortable with him in here with us.” James replied
“Well like it or not he is here with us.” Lectured Tom
“Like it or not I am here” Lord Necromancer shouted
         The Kids whirled around in shock to see him standing right before them. He had two knives, one in each hand and he would stop at nothing to complete his dastardly plans. He threw the knife in his right hand. They tried to move out of the way but Lilly wasn’t quick enough. The knife had gotten her right in the leg. She collapsed to the ground in pain and let out a blood curdling scream.
         Just before Lord Necromancer threw the other knife to finish Lilly off Tom picked up a heavy chunk off a tombstone and threw it as hard as he could at the head of Lord Necromancer. As it hit him in the head it pierced three inches in to his skull killing him instantly and the knife dropped harmlessly to the ground.
         The two boys dragged their wounded comrade to safety. Once they found the gate they stopped her bleeding and Tom hopped over to go get help. Soon after the cops and ambulance arrived. The cops apprehended the criminals and bagged Lord Necromancer. The “thing” was killed on site and everyone lived happily everafter.           
© Copyright 2008 Enik (dl15 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1399906-The-Re-Animators