*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1400045-The-Six-Gorges
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Hybrid
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1400045
The story of 6 people who have never met before that will become enemies.
 
     
  December 14th, 2007.
He had the date in his phone, calender, and even in his locker at work. He knew the date like the back of his hand. Today was supposed to be a special night. Today would be a special night, he would see to it that it was the best night of his life. So he thought.
  Jayden Peak slammed on his breaks in a panic. He cursed out loud to himself and flicked off the driver in his rear view mirror. The driver ahead of him had came to a stop so abrubpt that when Jayden slammed on his breaks the force was so great that it could have thrown from his car if he hadn't had on a seat belt. Pushing on his horn over and over again in rage Jayden shook his head in utter fustration. He checked his rear view mirror to still see the driver behind him tailing him. Even at a complete hault the man was still on his bumper.
  "Damn it, back up. I know you cant see my tires!!!" Jayden said as he looked down to turn on the air in his car. With the passing seconds that turned to minutes  he became more and more flustered and stressed. He could not, could not be late. Not today, not this night.
It was already a half quarter past 9 which means that he was 25 minutes late.
Jayden knew without a doubt that there was nothing that he could say or mummble out that would explain his 25 minute absence. To be honest he didnt want to have to deal with any arguing tonight. He just wanted to relax and enjoy his food.
"Mmmm." He said to himself. He could already taste the Chicken Fettichine Alfredo that he was going to order when he got there.
"Daddy your phone is ringing, Daddy your phone is ringing, Daddy your phone is ringing."
His silver Iphone only rang 3 times before he was able to dig in his pocket and answer. He loved hearing the voice of his youngest son informing him that his phone was ringing whenever someone called. His oldest son was his ringer whenever he got a text message and he got those often as well.
© Copyright 2008 Hybrid (hybrid2011 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1400045-The-Six-Gorges