*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1400068-Eternity-A-Kevin-Jonas-One-Shot
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Tragedy · #1400068
A Kevin Jonas one-shot.
Kevin's Point Of View

As I stood in front of her cold body, I felt a single tear run down my face. Alyssa was the only girl I ever loved, that I was never able to tell. Her smile was exhilarating, her laugh was angel-like; and the way her eyes sparkled made me remember the meaning of life... and love. The way she could get anyone to laugh was amazing, and our friendship was so strong. To see her torn out of my life like this is depressing; and hurtful. I remember the time when we went to the zoo when we were both 13. I was afraid of the lions; but she gave me encouragement to check them out. Now, the lions' cage is my favorite part. Alyssa got me to try new things; like deer's sausage for example. I didn't want to, but she was able to convince me. It tasted odd at first, but then it was delicious. I just want to see her one more time, to tell her I love her, but it'll never happen. If only I could've stopped it from happening; instead of letting her go.

*.*.*.*.*

Alyssa was going to the mall, I tried to stop her. It was too late in the day to go, plus; it was dark outside. She is so headstrong, she went anyway. I waited for five hours, calling her cell phone every ten minutes. I finally got a knock on my door, and opened it to see a police officer. He took of his hat and slowly talked me through some things, getting to the point to tell me Alyssa was dead. Her car had started spinning out of control, and she slammed into a couple more cars. Her car flipped into a ditch; upside down. I felt a tear run down my face, and politely asked the police officer to leave. Once he was out of the door, I turned around and leaned against it; gently sliding to the ground. I took the next days pretty bad, and here I am now... at Alyssa's funeral.

*.*.*.*.*

There were white roses all around the church, her favorite flower. Some sad but memorable music was playing, I sat in the front row. The preacher gave a speech about her life, I was listening closely to every word. A single tear ran down my face. Joseph and Nicholas were sitting beside me; along with my parents and Frankie. It was finally time for us to get up and see her one last time, Alyssa's parents signaled me to go first. They knew how close we were. I slowly walked up and leaned down beside her open coffin, a few scratches covered her face. I began to talk to her, as if she could hear me.

"Hey there Alyssa," I said, feeling more tears. "You having fun in heaven? I sure miss you down here... I wish you were still with me. I never got to tell you how I felt about you before your car went out of control, but I need to tell you now." I looked down her body at the light pink dress her mother had dressed her in. She was wearing matching shoes; her hair was curled. She looked beautiful; her makeup-less face was amazing. I looked at her face and began speaking again.

"I love you, Alyssa. I never got to tell you that. You were always so good to me; so kind and wonderful. This isn't the end, Alyssa, I know for a fact: I will see you in Eternity."
© Copyright 2008 Arya Jonas (arya_jonas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1400068-Eternity-A-Kevin-Jonas-One-Shot