*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1400389-Two-Poems
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Animal · #1400389
I wrote these some time ago and found them while digging through my archives.
Fires and Depression

Oh the fires that burn in my soul, they destroy all I try to build. I cannot live in this place that I have made, nothing can live there, only the desolation that I’ve created to be the companion for my cold heart.
But you are a beacon, a light to keep me safe, a pillar for me to reach for. Why did you leave me alone here?

Now I sit in my empty, dried up world, and I can’t see the past, I can’t see tomorrow, because you’re not here, you won’t come back, and I am to suffer for it.
What has kept me safe but the knowledge of you, why can’t you just be here with me and let me be happy.
But I wouldn’t be happy, my happiness comes from yours, and if you are here you are unhappy, so I can’t call you here.

*I wrote this for… I don’t know who. It could be one of 2 people…*

== == == == ==

Sleeping Dogs

Now, a place we don’t visit enough. People think of tomorrow, yesterday, and all the hundreds of days that proceeded and will come after. Then I look at my dog, sleeping on her bed, her paws kicking slightly as she dreams about chasing down a wild turkey or wild tennis ball. If only my life could be that, the chase, not caring about what I did that morning, what I have to do tomorrow. All she cares about is now, and now is now, ten minutes from now is done, and she thinks about it no more.
Sometimes she has a bad dream, she cries and she whines, so I stroke her along her back. She calms down and returns to sleep, but tomorrow she doesn’t thank me, she does nothing different, because the moment has passed.
Moments… if we could live our life in the moments and not in time, oh what a creature we could be.
© Copyright 2008 A.S. Johnson (farcehorde at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1400389-Two-Poems