*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1400910-Kristas-Story
by bren
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1400910
This is a story about how drugs effects lives of people
    Krista slowly walked down the aisle, afraid to continue, but knowing that she must.
    "Please, God, help me get through this." she silently prayed as she approached the coffin.
    Taking a deep breath to control the fear, she peered down, looking for the last time at the man she had loved.
    She had to fight back the surprise and anger as she looked at the once handsome face.  "What happened to him?" her mind screamed. She began to remember her time with Brad as she looked down at a face that should be peaceful in death, not like this.
    They hadn't met in any special or romantic way.  They were briefly introduced by a common friend.  Brad went out of his way to find Krista again and Krista was touched by his persistance.
    They quickly became a couple and soon fell in love.
    Then Brad changed, slowly at first then quick and completely.
    Brad got in with the wrong crowd and began using cocaine.  Soon the cocaine got a hold of him and he needed it every day.  Brad lost his job and then began selling cocaine.  Krista wanted to help Brad beat the habit, but Brad loved cocaine more than Krista.
    Brad became very unprdictable and abusive to everyone - mostly himself.  Finally after an argument and Brad leaving in a rage, Krista said goodbye.
    Two months later Brad came to see Krista begging her to take him back.  He had lost so much weight and complained of daily nosebleeds.  Krista and Brad talked for hours.  Brad told Krista how much he loved her and wanted to be with her again.  Krista flat out told him, "You either quit the drugs or you'll never see me again."
    Brad left in a rage.
    Four hours later, Brad was found dead from a cocaine overdose, his heart had exploded in his chest.
    Unfortunately for Brad the drugs and alcohol didn't ease the pain for him as he died.  Looking at him lying in the coffin, Krista could see the pain he endured etched in his face  forever.







Coming soon....Brad's Story
© Copyright 2008 bren (b_witch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1400910-Kristas-Story