*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1401311-Untitled-For-now
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1401311
Introduction To Gwen and Jade.
Chapter One

I woke surrounded by silk sheets. No light shined through my window, for I had slept all day. My life took place at night. I glanced at the clock beside my bed, six p.m. The sun must have just set. I rolled over and stared at the pale body sharing the bed with me. I watched Jade’s chest rise and fall and waited the time when he would wake. I scooted closer and laid my head on his chest. I closed my eyes and listened to the heart that hadn’t beaten in a hundred and ten years.

I felt him place his hand on my head. His fingers caressed my hair and he whispered, “Good morning, Gwen.” His English accent was the most pronounced when he first woke. After an hour or so, it vanished almost completely from his voice.

“Good morning. We slept later then usual,” I said, nodding towards the window. I tilted my head up to look at his face.

He was gazing out the window. “That we did.” He turned to look at me. “Maybe we should start setting an alarm. Sleeping late can cost people their lives.”

“Nah. We just had a late… morning.” I glanced at him. His eyes filled with heat and he gave me the look that only men get, the one that says you belong to them in every way. Heat rushed to my face as the images of what we had done filled my mind. I looked away.

He placed his hand on my chin and forced me to meet his eyes. I stared at him and blushed. It only made his smile widen. He brought his mouth to mine.

There’s a certain knack to kissing a vampire. He knew that time was short, so this kiss was chaste so I didn’t have to worry about scraping my tongue against his sharp canine teeth. He pulled away, smiled slightly, than got out of bed. “Come on, love. The night is wasting away and we have many things to hunt and kill.”

Did I mention I’m a vampire hunter? So is Jade. Which, with him being a vampire, you would think there would be a conflict of interest. There is one big difference in between Jade and the animals we hunt. Jade has a soul. Once someone is turned into a vampire, the demon takes over their body, but they don’t get their soul. That’s gone. They kill and feed with no remorse.

Jade was born a vampire. No one knows how it happened. When we met, he seemed to be like any normal vampire. We fought for hours after I found him feeding on a girl. Eventually, the sun rose. I expected him to melt into nothing as all vampires do, but he didn’t. It was like he came out of some kind of trance. He remembered us fighting, but not why. So as soon as I was sure he wasn’t going to hit me again, I walked up to him, hit him with the butt of my gun, and knocked him out. We taught him to control his bloodlust so now he only drinks animal and occasionally from me. We have had the most highly respected experts of the supernatural examine him and no one can figure him out. He’s a mystery. I stopped questioning why he was the way he was right around the time I fell in love with him. He was beautiful, caring, kind, and less likely to die on me than a regular person. Drinking blood to survive paled in comparison to all of that.

Jade’s back was to me as he pulled on leather pants. He stood about 6’2’’ with straight black hair that fell to his lower back, a few inches longer than mine. When he bent over, his pale skin peeked through the curtain of hair that I knew was as soft as it looked. I shivered as I remembered how that hair felt wrapped around my body. I forgot all about the hunt we were supposed to be getting ready for and just stared.

I heard a masculine chuckle, and I finally tore my gaze away from Jade’s back and saw he was gazing over his shoulder at me. I met his tricolor eyes and let my thoughts fill my eyes. He stopped laughing instantaneously.

“My dear Gwendolyn. I would love to do all those things your eyes promise right now, but we have a job to do.” I cast my eyes downward and pushed my lower lip slightly and pouted at him. “Besides. It’s Chris’ first time out. I thought you insisted on being there.”

“Shit!” I exclaimed and jumped out of bed. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten dressed that fast.
© Copyright 2008 AmandaAcidic (amandabybee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1401311-Untitled-For-now