*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1401345-Flame-Of-Betrayal---Chapter-Two
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Action/Adventure · #1401345
Falme of betrayal - chap 2
Flame Of Betryal ~ Chapter two


Months, then years passed. Dusk grew, and, as she did so, so did her knowledge of the city. She came to know every nook and cranny of it like she had been born there. Her memories, however, faded. Her sisters face became a shadow in her mind, no more. As far as Dusk was concerned, the city life was the only one she'd ever had. She became as skilled a fighter and hunter in the city as she was in the desert. One day, as she was walking out of her den, she came face-to-face with a ginger and white cat with hazel eyes. “Where do you think you're going?” demanded Spark.
“Hunting,” replied Dusk with resignation. “What's the point?” Spark spat angrily. “You're just a freak who likes to show off, and break other cats hearts!”
Dusk closed her eyes, then said painfully, “It's not my fault. I can't help Binjax's emotions. They're nothing to do with me, OK? I just wanna be friends, with both of you.”
“Yeah, friends. Maybe something more with Binjax?” sneered Spark spitefully.
Dusk, unable to stand it, turned and ran off, ending in the park when she had first met Binjax. I can't help it! She can't blame me!' thought Dusk desperately. At that moment, a tentative voice by her ear said, “Heya, Dusk. Um... do you wanna go hunting with me?”
Dusk turned to stare into Binjax's bright blue eyes. He really does love me! she thought. “OK, yeah.” was her reply. As she padded along, Dusk's mind was cluttered with thoughts. She longingly remembered the times when she had been friends with Spark, and wished that they would return.
As they returned to the camp, Dusk noticed Spark glaring at them from the shadows. Unusually, it only made her angry, not more sad. Furious, she stormed up to Spark. “Look,” she spat. “I didn't ask for any of this to happen, OK? It's not my fault!”
“Well, maybe you should leave me alone then! I don't need petty excuses from an outsider!” Dusk stepped back as those last words hit her. Without saying anything, she turned and ran, coming to a halt when she reached a large building. Clambering onto the roof, she stared at the sun, and closed her eyes. Then, she noticed the direction in white the rays of light were going. Following them with her eyes, Dusk saw them form the shape of a cat, silver against the black of the roof tiles. And memory came flooding back. “Rain” she whispered. Looking back at the sun, Dusk remembered her previous beliefs – SunClan, that the desert was the most wonderful place on earth... Shaking her light brown head, Dusk made up her mind.
The next day, Dusk caught and ate her usual ray or mouse, then she began to set off, towards the edge of the city. She knew that the city bordered the desert, and hopefully, she wouldn't have to walk too far. Then a voice called her back. Turning, she saw Jenna, the leader of the Kin. Dusk dipped her hear respectfully. Jenna was that kind of cat, tall, proud, and powerfully built.
“Where are you going?” Jenna demanded. Dusk saw Spark, Binjax, and various other cats behind her. Apparently, her leaving the camp hadn't gone unnoticed. Dusk looked into Jenna's yellow eyes, and decided to tell the truth.
When she had finished her story, the entire Kin were staring at her. Finally, Jenna said softly, “Look, Dusk. I understand what this means to you, but I can't let you go. You'll be killed.” When she said that, Dusk's entire body went numb. “But... I have to! He killed my sister!” When Jenna didn't reply, Dusk, turned, and ran.
Soon after, Dusk passed the edge of the desert. As she neared the territory of DesertClan, Spite's influence became more and more prominent. There were bones scattered about, no prey in sight, not even scorpions, the watering hole was stagnant, and the reek of sickness and death clogged the air. Dusk soon came to recognize where she was, and she knew that there was a cave nearby. By the time she reached it, it was moonhigh. Dusk, after making sure it was deserted, settled down there, happy to be back in her homeland...

Sorry it took a long time to get this up people, I just couldn't bothered. But it's here now! ;D
© Copyright 2008 |:Yasmin:| (topaz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1401345-Flame-Of-Betrayal---Chapter-Two