*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1401651-Prolouge
Rated: ASR · Other · Action/Adventure · #1401651
The beginning of a long adventure for a girl named Lillith....
Prolouge

         


         "Okay," He eyed his best friend, grasping his knapsack tighter, "You have to promise me something..."
The two girls both nodded, squinting their eyes against the briliant sun.
"Whatever you do-" He tried not to show his sadness, but his eyes gave it all away, "Promise me you won't forget me."
The two girls were superised by the question. The smallest, offeneded, retorted, "We're you're best friends! Why would we forget you?"
The boy sighed. He didn't know what to say, "Okay, say I didn't come back and something happened-"
The girl with long brown hair shook her head, "Enough," She sighed. It was enough losing a best friend, but to have him say it in that way sounded like he was commiting sucide.
"Do you promise me?" He asked, his eyes welling with tears, "Lillith! Destiny! Promise me!"
The brown haired girl jumped at Lillith and the other, smaller and more child looking, looked up at Destiny. Those names were their names.
"I promise," Destiny spoke.
"I promise Jax," Lillith answered, "I swear on my grave, I'll never forget you."
The boy nodded. His name was Jax. He held his hand out, trying to ingnore the wind that pushed against his hand rapidly.
"Hey!" Destiny joked, "I didn't get to say something deep!"
Lillith laughed as she put her hand over Jax's hand. Jax laughed slightly, remebering old times, and the good times they shared together, "Just put you're hand in silly goose." He growled jokingly.
Destiny put her hand over Lillith's. They threw their hands up into the bright blue sky, wind lashing against them.
"Best friends forever!" They all yelled, smiles on their faces.
Jax sighed, and hugged them both slowly, taking his time. He didn't care if he looked like a wuss. He loved these two girls like family. He almost cried each time he hugged them. He even had to hug them twice.
He never wanted to leave his best friends. He never wanted to leave this sea port town he called home. On the other hand, he never wanted to be acused for murder of his own family. He shook the feeling off, and tried to whipe a tear off of his cheek.
"I'll come back here and find you two when everythings okay," Jax nodded his head, trying his hardest to be brave, "I won't forget either of you. Even if I tried, I never could."
Lillith felt tears start to pour from her eyes. Destiny felt them too, but had no intenion of holding them back.
"You could live with us Jax!" Destiny cried.
"I'm not leaving forever," Jax reasured her, patting her on the back, "Like I told you, I'll be waiting..." He pursed his lips, and pointed at a small tree, just starting to grow. The odd thing about it was that it was right out in the open, no trees around it, "I'll wait right over there for you both as soon as everythings all better again-" He glanced up to make sure that the two girls saw where his finger was pointed, "And if you don't come there, I'll find you."
He smiled sadly, and turned around. He didn't say good-bye. He didn't turn back.
He just kept walking, walking to his new begining. He knew himself he was crying, but he knew even more that if he turned back, he'd cry even harder.
This was what was going to be best for all of them.
Destiny held onto Lillith's hand, crying so hard that she was nearly screaming. Lillith didn't cry, but watched one of her greatst friends she ever had leave her. On the inside, she was dieing, but she needed to support Destiny.
"Lets... go get some ice-cream..." Lillith turned away from Jax. She could hear his soft laughter on the winds even though he'd already gone so far that he was no longer visable. The waves didn't crash on the shore. They simply slid on the sand lightly.
Destiny finally agreed after a hard, long time of dragging and kicking and screaming. They both knew, deep inside that they were never going to see Jax again.



1 YEAR LATER


Lillith stood, alone at her friends grave. She wanted to cry again. She wanted to cry real tears.
"Rest in peace Destiny," She held onto her friends new flowers, "Rest in peace..."
She sat on the bench that was across from Destiny's grave. She was the only one who still came regularly. Everyone else had forgotton. To them it was old news, over and done. 'Nothing could be done about it, so why should we sit around mourning something that cannot be fixed?'
Lillith started to talk to the grave, hearing an imaginary response each time resounding in her mind. She could hear the voice perfectly, like Destiny was still right beside her.
The shade of the weeping willow over the grave gave Lillith some comfort. It still smelt like Destiny though. The soft delicate smell of flowers and drug store shampoo. Lillith laughed slightly as she heard the old saying the Destiny always said: "I am not wasting ten extra dollars on shampoo so my head can smell like a poodle! Are you crazy?"
It started to rain.
Lillith got up from the bench, laying the flowers she'd picked herself over Destinys lonely grave. Lillith started to run to get home.
At least no one knew she was crying in the rain.
© Copyright 2008 MadiX ♥ (blackskittle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1401651-Prolouge