*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1402259-The-dead-man-in-my-attic
Rated: E · Other · Detective · #1402259
I found the body rotting there, in my attic...
I was happy to wake up because it was a summer day. I looked into the sky and smiled to myself. It was a beautiful, cloudy summer day. I walked to the kitchen and at some toast. It was good toast I wanted to eat more. But I heard a bump in the night so I investigated and I went to the attic and I looked around. I found a chest I didn't remember and I opened it.
I was so shocked! I saw a suit. It was amazing! But then I realized there was a man in the suit. I asked him if he was sleeping. I told him this was my house. He kept sleeping forever and ever. Then I realized he was dead.
I cried for an hour then I stood up and went downstairs. I called the police and they came. "Who is the body?" I asked and the detective said "He was nobody."
I felt so sad that I only had a boiled egg for lunch. Then I went to the attic and thought to myself. I saw the chest was still there, so I guessed it must be mine now. I went over to the chest and investigated it. I liked what I saw, it was a clue. I saw that it was the body's driver's license. So I looked his name up in the phone book. I called his house and a woman answered.
"Hello, this is the murder... I mean Kelsey residence. How can I kill... I mean help you?"
"I found the body of your husband in my chest in my attic." I said. She said. "I don't love him anymore so you may have him." I said. "don't you want to say goodbye? He's at the police department." She said. "I haven't seen him since ten years ago, as a matter of fact I never knew him." Then I said "He was your love."
"He left me years ago and he lives in Texas and I don't love him!" She screamed.
I told her he was dead in my attic this morning.
"No he wasn't! That was my uncle!"
I said "How did you know that?"
She blushed. " I don't know. I'm a gypsey." I said. "You did it didn't you!"
She screamed and ran away. But I called the police and they found her. I was awarded detective of the year in my town.

The End
© Copyright 2008 Bargrind (bargrind at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1402259-The-dead-man-in-my-attic