*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1402515-The-Nightshade-Chronicles
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1402515
Yew wakes up one day expecting to have a normal day. Boy Is he wrong.
If The Dark Were Bright
Part 1


A loud yawn echoed throughout the room and two hands reached to the roof. Slowly sitting up Yew realized his eyes were sealed shut with some form of gunk. "Damn crusties" he muttered to himself in a slightly squeaky voice as he tried to force his eyes open. As he stood up his vision went blurry and he became dizzy and unbalanced. Falling back on his bed he waited for his eyes to adjust before getting up again. As the head rush cleared he noticed something strange about his vision but had no time to ponder on it before glancing over at his alarm clock. "Bloody heck, I'm gonna be late!" he shouted before writing down a message in his note pad and proceeding to get dressed quickly. Within ten minutes he was dressed and out of the house, racing to his catch his bus.

Yew got on the U05 just as the doors closed and started panting to catch his breath. After a good minute of exhaustion Yew notice his friend Zack near the back of the bus and started towards him. "Wass'up mate?" He beckoned.
"The sky" His friend replied smugly. "Other than that?" "Well I heard there's no school on Friday. Wanna go watch that new movie, ehh, Y'know the one with that blond actor?" "The Walt's vaults?" "Yeah, yeh that's it." "Why not" he sighed rather distracted. The rest of the way to school was mostly quite and he went on to another day of double maths. They were doing algebra, Yew hated algebra.

After school detention, and Yew's eyelids were already beginning to be a burden on him. Other than himself, his schools gothic design hall was filled by Zack who had been on the bus with him, Stacey from 7.1, John in his class, Miss Font and a few others whose names he couldn't recall. His eyes weren't going to stay open much longer, he could feel it. After another three minutes of fighting against it his eyes finally closed... Only to dash back open again as Yew leaped from his seat in shock. Every sense of drowsiness gone. It was only after Yew had reclaimed himself that he saw the nine pairs of eyes starring at him in confusion.

Yew chuckled unconvincingly. "Spider, my bad" He lied and sat down. He hardly blinked for then rest of the detention. On the bus back home Yew and Zack started talking again. "What was that back there?" Zack asked. "What are you talking about?" "You jumping from your seat like a body'd landed right in front of ya." "Like I said, there was a spider there." "I'm not dumb ya know." He pressed. Yew sighed "Look man it was nothing, I jus got a bit jumpy das all. Now see ya man, this is my stop." Yew wasn't about to tell anyone what he'd seen. He preferred to avoid mental asylums. "Yeah, k man. See ya tomorrow." He called out after Yew as his friend got of the bus.

Yew waved to his friend as the bus drove off then started down the road to his house. As he turned from the road towards his house he jumped back in shock for the second time in the same number of hours. Before him lay the remains of what was once his front door...

To be continued...
© Copyright 2008 Artilyz (chrisbb at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1402515-The-Nightshade-Chronicles