*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1402703-The-Ex
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Relationship · #1402703
What do you do when your ex boyfriend snaps?
She lay there, cowering in fear, feeling the tall, wet grass soak through her clothes.  Alan stomped through the field, searching.
"I'll find you Lena."
Lena crept closer to the large wooden house.
"C'mon baby, I just wanna talk."
Alan was heading in the opposite direction.  Lena could see the knife, that had already sliced her shoulder, glinting in her ex boyfriend's hand.  When she was sure Alan couldn't see her, Lena sprinted towards her best friends house and entered through the open kitchen door.  A startled Kyle came running in from the den.
"Where are your parents?" asked Lena, locking the door.
"Out of town.  What the hell is wrong with you?" gasped Kyle as Lena wrapped her arms around his neck.
"It's Alan," she cried, "he showed up drunk at my house."
"Whoa," whispered Kyle, staring at the cut on Lena's arm.
"Yeah, he's got a knife."  She winced as Kyle gently touched the wound.
"I'll call the police." he said, grabbing the phone.
Lena peeked outside.
"Kyle," she hissed, "he's coming."
Kyle finished giving the operator his address and hung up the phone as he grabbed Lena's hand.
"Quick, the basement." he said as they ran for the stairs.
The two frightened teenagers slammed the basement door.
"I told you this guy was no good." Kyle locked the door.
"I don't need any lectures."
Lena sat on the concrete floor, wincing a little when she moved her arm.
Suddenly there was a bang from upstairs.  Alan was inside!
"I'll find you, you little slut!"  he slurred.
Kyle and Lena heard his boots clomping in the kitchen.  Tears ran down the girls face as her friend hugged her tightly.  They jumped when the door handle jiggled.
"Got you," hissed Alan, pounding on the door.  Lena held her cross necklace tightly.
"Damn, he's gonna break down the door," whispered Kyle as Alan ran and slammed into the door with the force of a linebacker.
"Where are the cops?" asked Lena.
"I don't know, but I have a plan."  Kyle crept up the steps.  Lena gasped.
As Alan charged toward the door Kyle unlocked it and swung it open.  A drunk Alan slid head first down the flight of stairs.  Landing on the floor unconscious.
Lena shrieked and threw herself onto Kyle, showering him with kisses as the cops arrived.
As Alan was hauled away Kyle was bandaging Lena's arm.
"You'd better find a nice guy next time," he said with a smirk.
"I think I already did."  Lena pulled him closer...
© Copyright 2008 blackroses (liv2ride at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1402703-The-Ex