*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1402999-The-Rescue
by Thoth
Rated: E · Poetry · Spiritual · #1402999
Refers to spiritual warfare.
The Onslaught continues. Voices from the void fill my mind. So many different voices. One thunders accusingly, “What's wrong with you?!” Another whispers in my ear maliciously, “You are nothing...” It goes on, my terror growing. Some speak as though friends, softly, compassionately but still lending their hand to the same cause as those who thunder and scream frighteningly. “Its so easy,” one false friend says, “just pick one, you have so many, any knife would do...” now the phantom takes a reassuring tone, “ you know how... “he says, “... down the arm just as you've pictured it so many times... a sharp pain yields to sweet release, your problems leaking out with the steady flow of crimson... now off to sleep and at last your done... at last you can rest... ” the tormentor continues with more advice, even better ways to get rest. Nowhere do i find hope, there is no source of renewed strength but for the attackers... so many. They are all around me but i cannot see them. i can't feel the blows but i stumble from each. The worst are those who speak from knowledge. They see me and know me for what i am. All the worst they see and point out. With disgust do they speak to me. True loathing drips from every word they speak. They talk straight to me, no whispering, no screaming, i am not worth such trouble. Finally when i can stand no more i cry out, “Its true, its all true, i know... i know...” breaking down at last the tears begin to flow. Another voice joins the foray, as my torment goes on and i get closer to the edge. But wait, this voice is different... thats odd... He doesn't tear me down more, there is not even any condemnation in his voice... He speaks quietly and all the other voices go strangely silent... He responds to my wailed admission, “Then do something about it”. He challenges me with those words, to grow, to move beyond my weaknesses, but He says it also with a sense of commitment. He will go it with me. The phantom assaulters come at me again, with even greater vigor. Desperate? It is bringing me to my knees, the attack is more than i can bear alone. Again the Voice of Peace speaks, “You're not alone, child. You have never been alone. Stand up. You are better than they tell you. Come, I'll take you out”
© Copyright 2008 Thoth (stamos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1402999-The-Rescue