*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1403479-The-Old-Man
by Bland
Rated: ASR · Other · Action/Adventure · #1403479
It is a about a old man in the wilderness
He knew the wilderness. He grew up there and would also die there. He was an old man. But he knew everything about the woods where he lived. He was born in the woods in Montana. He even built his own house there out of trees from there. It being the woods was part of his life and would be the rest of his life. He was getting old and he knew that. He lived on the edge of the forest in a meadow that seemed to produce an unusual amount of game. In the middle of the meadow there was a rather small river that flowed well and was like a foot deep for the most parts but had 10 foot deep holes in it. This was where animals would go to drink. The river also had a variety of trout that could be easily caught. The river was so close to the old mans house that he could get up in the morning look out his front door and there would be so many deer it’s unbelievable. He could stand there, spot out the deer he wanted then shoot it with ease for some of the next month’s meals. He knew all about the plant life there so he built a 30ft by 30ft garden where he planted plants he knew he would need in the future.
© Copyright 2008 Bland (kellyb at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1403479-The-Old-Man