*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1403645-The-Creator
by Uri
Rated: E · Short Story · Philosophy · #1403645
A short dialogue about God.
The two sat down in the café. One was a man from a Christian religious family, while the other a scientific philosopher.
The truth-seeker started the conversation, “Do you believe in God?” He asked.
“Explain your meaning of God,” The second said, and continued, “If you are suggesting the God of my parent’s belief, to which they pray, seeking help, then I can tell you that my family are devoting themselves to something meaningless, for God is not a personal God.”
The scientist said, nodding his head with interest, “Yes… ‘God is not a personal God’. He is the creator of mathematical formations and formulations, resulting in the physical world around us, which is explained by science. But there is a problem with that… how does sentiment and thought come to be? Are these two creations of formula and science? Or are they explained by something yet unexplainable? Perhaps we beings are the developers of these two non-physical phenomena, at times discovering new feelings.”

© Copyright 2008 Uri (kantoru at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1403645-The-Creator