*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1404882-My-Cursed-Kingdom
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1404882
A very short story about a confusing time in my life.
A straight line, drawn on paper, had been changed by an earthquake. This Richter reading foreshadowed damage to the foundation of a great Kingdom. This kingdom fell to ruin and the residents though shocked became joyous and contented by this disarray and destruction. Their gospel became the drawn curves of this sheet of which became music to the ears of all who would come upon the Kingdom. And so it became that a grand new society was born of this travesty. They did not rebuild for there was no time and they sat unprotected but unconcerned.

A miracle would occur though, on a rare morning, that the foundation began to glow. Slowly it seemed the kingdom was rebuilding and becoming whole. The citizens gazed in awe as the kingdom began to revert. Yet as it progressed it was apparent that this was different. The walls, the floors, ceilings, roads, rivers and everything was different. And though the kingdom became whole it was different. The citizens didn’t take well to it and the bonds began breaking quickly till the citizens were angry confused and upset and yet they didn’t quite understand why. They finally understood though, this was no miracle, and the happy kingdom, had become once again cursed.
© Copyright 2008 Amore Ombreggiato (spade1350 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1404882-My-Cursed-Kingdom