*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1405438-Just-another-ordinary-day
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Family · #1405438
Just another day of my very entertaining life.
I'v put my passport somewhere safe unfortunately I can't find it, go figure.  So I took one of the drawers where I keep alot of my papers, laid it on top of the work surface and emptied it all out when suddenly I got this great urge to spring clean, starting obviously in the kitchen.  The kitchen drawer is still on the work top and I am sitting in the lounge having a well earned whiskey.  My urge lasted a total of 15minutes, my get up and go has buggered off, no doubt it will return, whether it is in a hour or in a few days, you see it gets homesick and comes crawling back on it's hands and knees begging for forgiveness.  My passport will be lurking somewhere unless that has gone and joined my get up and go as well.  I have this habit of putting money and important documents in a safe place; the only thing is when I need them I can never remember where on earth I have put them.  I once found a R100 in my winter jacket, don't ever remember putting it there but was extroidanarily happy as I was broke at the time.

I often feel like a broken down record, as if I have said it once I have said it a thousand times, not to wrestle on my bed, but do the kids listen? No.  My schizophrenic, paranoid, selective deafness, Save A Pet Special Dog listens to me more and will do as he is told on occassion, which is more than I can say about my boys.  I actually get to the stage where I hate the sound of my own voice as it is in continuous use.  Why I bother is beyond me.

To evaluate my day it goes like this; woke up to the boys wrestling on my bed with me still in it, remade my bed a 100times because the boys were on it, tripped over the playstation wires a few times which resulted in me wanting to chuck it against the wall, repeatedly put the covers back on the couch as the sloth of the family sloth's about on it, asked over a dozen times for them to brush their teeth, they are allergic to it on weekends and holidays, peeled Jamie's shorts, t-shirt and underpants off him as they were screaming to be unleashed from his body and be put in the wash, not that you can blame them as two days of constant wear would make any item of clothing scream for help.  Tried to watch the Royal Variety Performance but was constantly interrupted by my Father who decided to fix my kitchen cupboards which I asked him to do over a year ago, no time like the present, off course it involved drilling, banging and for me to hold things.  If it wasn't him it was the kids nattering me for something or another.  The one programme I look forward to and can I watch it in peace? No.  Moaned continuously for them not to help themselves to things in the fridge as my meagre shoe string budget can't cope with it, not that they care as like all children they think that I have the Reserve Bank Vault tucked under my mattress and lets not forget about the money tree in the back garden.  I made food, washed up a couple of times as my boys have yet to learn how to rinse out a cup, it is too much like math and science for them, had a mad whim to spring clean, which died very quickly and now struggling for them to go to sleep so I can watch my DVD in peace.  I will probably have more luck winning the lottery.

Oh how I dream for a peaceful day.
© Copyright 2008 Dreamer (jomarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1405438-Just-another-ordinary-day