*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1405846-Nephilim-Rain
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1405846
-Incomplete- Natasha knew where her duty lied, until her past comes back to haunt her.
        The sun eluminated the land as night gave way to morning. Birds sang happily, as other forms of life awoke, coming out of their dens and burrows to welcome the morning's warmth. A deer walked along the forest floor with its fawn at its heels dancing playfuling as it chased after a butterfly.
      Not too far, a young woman trained with her master. They have gotten up at the break of dawn like every morning to train, so she could hone her skills. She came about with her katana, a weapon she highly favored, swinging with such grace, however her master blocked every advancement. "You're going to have to do better than that, Natasha," stated her master. "Vampires will not be as generous as I and won't hesitate to turn you into a meal." He sets his sword down. "You have been under my care since you were five and now you are sixteen, Natasha. You have, indeed, come along way and though you have not, by a long shot, mastered magic, your melee skills still need some work. However, I think we can take a break, I for one am famished." He puts his sword over his shoulder and walks back to camp.
    Natasha was left there, staring after her master. He was right, she was still a greenhorn when it came to melee. She did, though, master several types of weapons already, some including; daggers, staffs, and the bow. What she was great at was tracking and herbology. Those two skills she mastered in just afew years, while melee has been taking a bit too long, as her master's been telling her.
      She sheathed sword and walked in the direction of a nearby pond. Granted she was a bit hungry herself, she wanted some time alone. As she reached the pond, she sat down at the edge of the deck, her feet just brushing the water's surface. "Damnit! What is wrong with me?" she asked herself, looking out upon the pond. "Its been eleven years, why can't I learn how to handle a sword?" She looked down into the water, seeing her reflection. A green eyed young lady stared back at her with long red hair that was tied back in a pony tal. She continued to look at her reflection and ran a finger of the scar on her neck, the place where the vampire that slaughter her family had tried to grab her.
      Shaking her head to try to dismiss such memories, she looked up at the sky and noted that it was nearly noon. Her tummy growling was also an indication that she should head back to camp to eat. She took one last look at the pond before standing up, grabbing her sword as well and ran back towards camp.
© Copyright 2008 Nephiral (nephiral at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1405846-Nephilim-Rain