*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1406209-Injury
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Family · #1406209
Abiding by the laws has always been a great principle of Marvin's.
The deal had been dealt and now he's strained. His body had been through quite an ordeal tonight. He's barely hovering above the average intensity of adulthood. What could've led him to act upon these ludicrous hallucinations?! With his black hair plastered and stiff against his face and the gullible dreams stimulating more dread, he felt below zero. Could it be that as a child he'd led so much of a normal life and now, in abrupt contempt, the normal cycles of humanity had taken hold of his timid, subtle, thirty-year-old vitality?



The padlock was still wet. It had laid out all night by the front walk and, until this day, there hadn't been a speck of rust anywhere about it's metal body. A trail of water intermixed with the shape of a racoon's paws could easily be seen down the rest of the avenue. But right where he was, beside the little opening of his business, there was blood. It could've been anything, racoon, dog, cat (though very unlikely). The spot of red lay right near the plant stand and in all it's subtlety, he still couldn't catch any signs that an animal had been the cause.

"Hmm.. I think anyone can vouch that this was just a racoon."

He turned and a grin met his face at the same tensely moment. Who was there to agree with him? But it was still just an animal's doing. This he hoped.

"Alright... in I go!" Marvin struggles with a package three hours after. Why hadn't he handled the hiring part yet, the part in which he writes out advertisements offering jobs? Marvin's pursed upper lip was drenched as he tried forcing his knees forward, tilting the two ton box this way and that, laughing pathetically, and even cringing to get this package to rest on the inside. The fifteenth try... he might not make it. But, with one vigorous step forward, he was in. Even after being backed-up outside for longer than life, he still carefully placed heavy cardboard down and then swept a hand across his brow.

"That's a breathtaker, I wonder where the guy is."

Marvin still hadn't signed off on the deliverer's clipboard sheet.








© Copyright 2008 Little Black One (erra at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1406209-Injury