*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1406509-Sanctuary-the-clan-wars-tales
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1406509
a story about a war in a fantasy world that i fought in
                                                    Sanctuary
                             
                                                The Clan Wars tales
.


                                                by Theron Wagner


                                                   






                                                  Prologue



One year after tyreal had destroyed the world stone thus preventing the three prime evils from ever returning, the clan wars broke out. Those who had once been Allies less than three years ago are now mortal enemies. Barbarian against barbarian, paladin against paladin, druid against druid, and so on. The Allies thought they had destroyed the chaos, but they were wrong…….it had only just begun.





                                                Chapter 1
                                            Scouting the plains

         “Archers make ready”, shouted Khader over the hoard of soldiers surrounding him.

         Immediately every archer had an arrow ready to fire into the vast group of enemies ahead of them.

         Khader and his troops had been scouting the plains when they came upon a large hoard of fallen ones all led by Rakanishu.

         Rakanishu was blue and 3 times stronger and faster than the rest of his fallen brethren.

         “Fire!” called out Khader.

         Instantly a barrage of arrows filled the cloud covered sky.

         Screams from the fallen ones were horrid and disgusting as the arrows came down upon them. The arrows had taken out many of them and wounded a large number of them.

         Rakanishu gave a battle cry and all the remaining fallen started rushing towards Khader and his soldiers.

Khader gave out a battle cry to and at once all of his soldiers were attacking the fallen. Khader himself went after Rakanishu, swinging his great two handed sword cloud crack with both hands so he may do great damage with a single swing. Rakanishu came at Khader with a battle axe but he dodged it just in time, then he counter attacked and stabbed Rakanishu right through the chest causing him to scream in agony.

Khader drew his sword from the demons chest; surveying the battle around him he could that most of the fallen were dead.

“Rooooaaaarrr!” cried out Khader as it was a custom of his people to give a great war cry after a victory.

Instantly the air was filled with war cries of the other barbarians, symbolizing that a great victory was just achieved.

“Soldiers let us keep moving. We have many miles to go before we may return home,”. called out Khader to his troops.

“Yes sir”, said all the troops at once and immediately they were on the move again after looting fallens bodies for gold and other such things.

They marched for hours looking for demons or rival clans, but found nothing. They did however, find an abandoned tower which they decided to rest in for the night.
“Ahhh!!” cried out one of the soldiers.

Khader awoke with a startle. When he finally opened his eyes he saw that one of his soldiers was being eaten alive by a pack of corrupted rogues. He drew cloud crack from its sheath and swung it in a great arc killing three of the vile corrupt rogues. Two of Khaders soldiers were at his side, axes ready for killing. The last few corrupt rogues turned their attention towards Khader and his two soldiers. The two demons gave a deafening screech and came after the barbarians.

The two soldiers gave a quick battle shout as they tore into
The corrupt beings that were charging at them. The first soldiers cleaved the demon completely in half with a single swing of his giant battle axe. The demons body fell to the ground, its organs oozing out of its wound. The second soldier raised his axe over his head and brought it down upon the demons head, instantly killing it.

“Soldiers wake up its time for us to be leaving this vile place and someone gets to this soldiers wounds immediately”, shouted Khader to the troops.

“Yes sir”, mumbled angry that they had to move again. Two of the four healers that Khader brought along with him started treating the now unconscious soldiers’ wounds.

In fifteen minutes the whole group was up and ready to move again. The soldier that had been almost eaten alive was now good as new. They all walked towards the exit barely able to see even in the torch light. The troop was less than fifty yards away from the exit of the cave when one the soldiers shouted “lord Khader look there’s someone standing in the exit”.

“Thank you soldier but I can see for myself”, he snapped at the soldier. Yes there was, in fact, a person standing in the exit. As the group got closer to the person, they realized that it was a necromancer from an enemy clan. Instantly the whole group had their weapons drawn ready to attack.

“Men hold your positions, he’s a necromancer and a powerful one at that,”. said Khader. He knew that this necromancer was strong for he himself had fought the vile man before. His name was Nizar. He was a high priest of Rathma. Khader knew they would be in danger if they attempted to attack Nizar.

“Nizar, what are you doing here?” questioned Khader.

“I am here to end you Khader and your soldiers too, so that the infernal children clan can rule.”  Explained Nizar in the hissing tone of his race.

“Over my dead body will you filthy infernal children rule. If anyone is to rule it shall be us, the Sons of Diablo” shouted Khader now getting angry.

“Sons of Diablo shall rule forever!” shouted the entire group, their weapons raised in the air.

“You people are filth and should be hidden in the darkness forever, I think I might just do that right now” hissed nizar.
With that his hands started glowing bright blue. He uttered a quick spell, raised his hands in the air and the ground started moving. He was raising skeletons! A few moments later there in front of Khader and his troops were twelve well equipped skeletal warriors, there eyes glowing bright red.

“Destroy them now my minions”, shouted Nizar.

Khader gave a great battle cry to motivate his troops. It had worked, for within an instant the whole group of soldiers was tearing apart the abominations that the horrid necromancer had brought back from the dead. Khader uttered a small chant and cloud crack began to glow in his hands. He swung the great sword once, taking out five of the vile beings. Out the corner of his eye, Khader noticed that one of his soldiers had gone into a frenzy and knew that if the soldier didn’t slow down someone would have to step in.

“Soldiers, remember to keep your head battle!” shouted Khader.

Within the next moments the vile skeletal warriors were dead. The group gave a great battle cry in signal of their victory.

“Hmph, you may have been able to handle my minions but now I am going to lock you within this cave forever” hissed Nizar. He raised his hands again but this time instead of the ground moving the whole ceiling between Khaders group and Nizar started crumbling down in front of them.

“Goodbye for good you filthy Sons of Diablo” sneered Nizar. With that the whole ceiling between the group and fell completely blocking the exit for good.

“What do we do now sir?” Questioned one of the soldiers.

“There is another exit about a days walk from here but it is very dangerous there is a huge possibility we might not make it” replied Khader.

“Do any of you know what cave this is?” asked a frightened soldier.

There was a silence for a short time and then one of the healers spoke up and said that he did.

“Ok so tell us what cave this is? ”. demanded the frightened soldier.

“This is the cave of eternal darkness, many great warriors have tried to get all the way through, but they all failed..,”. explained the healer.

“What are you soldiers so afraid of? You are Sons of Diablo there isn’t a thing in this world that could harm us. Do you not remember the promise made to us by Diablo himself? As long as you remain faithful to him he shall not let you die!” boomed Khader out of anger and disbelief that his clan members would be so unfaithful.

“But lord Khader, Diablo is dead, how can you know that he will save us from anything at all?” Asked a soldier.

In a flash khader had his sword at soldiers throat ready to to run him through with it.

"how dare you even speak such blasphemy,?"growled khader through gritted teeth.

"Im sorry my lord i should never have said that please forgive me,".stated the soldier

"It is not i who you should be apologizing to get on your knees and beg forgiveness from the great lord diablo,"demanded khader as he sheathed his sword.

© Copyright 2008 master khader (khader91 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1406509-Sanctuary-the-clan-wars-tales