*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1407146-A-Story-of-Salvation
by Lys
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Emotional · #1407146
Short story of the pain and terror of death, the beauty or life saved
He slowly opened his dust-encrusted eyes.
Blinking to finally see-
What was this?!
He was blind!
He could not see a thing. Pitch black all around.
He blinked more rapidly, swatting away whatever was scittering across his face. Now his hands.
Everywhere! A tingling sensation swept over his whole body.
What was happening to him?!
He couldn't move. He was paralyzed. An unbearable, suffocating weight sat atop his chest.
His arms flew frantically like antennaes, trying to identify something, anything, to make some sense.
They hit wall after wall. Every side. He was surrounded!
Trapped in a rectangular tomb.
His mind escalated, reaching up to hysteria.
Images crowded his mind-or was it real?
Swirling, fluorescent colors swimming in his head, overlapping, mingling with each other.
Slowly morphing into hideous beasts. Screaming! Wretching, repulsive monsters in all directions, reaching for him, pulling him under with their terrifying, foreign ranting.
Pain etched itself through his body, from his head, through his veins, down to the tips of his feet.
His body shook violently. He rammed into his stony tomb walls, crushing those scittering creatures that had begun biting into his decaying flesh.
Inhuman, guttural screams worked their way out of his now burning throat.
WHAT WAS HAPPENING??!!
Blinding light shot into the tormenting darkness. It was everywhere!
His body was still laced with agony throughout.
He existed now only as feelings and the sight of a burning light. But the evil was gone.
A new face replaced it.
A wonderful, spectacular, glorious face of a good light! It filled him with remorse and he weeped.
You are free, It said. Cry no more.
He opened his eyes once more, now bug- and pain-free.
No more walls. No pain. No paralysis. No screams. No terror, panic, regret, or confusion.
It suddenly all made perfect sense.
As crystal-clear as the emerald lake in front of him. As beautiful as the gold and jewels that filled his vision at every glance. As refreshing and rejuvenating as the trees that he knew gave life.
As exhilerating as this new, compelling thankfulness that now oozed and beamed from his spirit. The same spirit that had just been rescued and revived from Evil's hands by that magnificent Being in the pure white yet many-colored throne over there.
He thought he would like very much to go over to this amazing Rescuer of his.
© Copyright 2008 Lys (xstarwriterx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1407146-A-Story-of-Salvation