*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1407927-KARMA
Rated: ASR · Letter/Memo · Death · #1407927
Earl's:Authors Spotlight, Day 4,#1: Two people write letters,past & present, views
Banner for :"KARMA"




(past)

Supervisor John Charles,
Re: Employee discharge notice of Mandy Davis.
Reason: Theft of store property




I have had to fire Mandy Davis, due to theft of store property. She was given a job of trust as a manager of the cosmetics department. I did not press charges against Miss Davis. Suffice it to say, it was just good to remove her swiftly and angrily from the premises.

She had the nerve to deny responsibility of the theft even though the bottles of perfume for display were there in her purse. This woman is a liar and a thief and should not be in any position of trust.

I will send copies of this memo to potential employers, since I did not press charges, and warn them of the despicable character of this woman. 



It embarrasses me to inform you that I was the person who recommended she receive the promotion to cosmetics manager. However, I am sure her replacement, Miss Sally Todd will do an excellent job. She is a hard worker and was the one who tipped me off about Mandy's theft of products.


I sincerely hope that Miss Davis is never offered a position in another fine department store. She does not deserve the respect of those who would work under her. There is no place in the business world for such a liar and a thief!

Sincerely,
Supervisor, John  Charles


**********







(present)

Mandy’s Diary:

Dear Diary,
I am now a waitress in a twenty-four hour restaurant, on the grave yard shift. Nobody else wanted the job, so they took a chance with me--the lady who steals from her employer. I am happy that someone even bothered to hire me. It took months to get this job. I have been doing well with tips, so I cannot complain. I met a wonderful customer who is a generous tipper. He always sits at my station, and has pleasant things to say to me all the time.

I am trying hard to forgive my old supervisor, John for accusing me of stealing, last year. It is a difficult thing to do. However, in a way, he may have done me a favor. It turns out, this great customer of mine is a regional manager of a prominent department store. He loved my upbeat personality in the wee hours of the morning, and said all his little visits were mini interviews to see how well I relate to people. He offered me a job at that store’s cosmetic counter.

I did confess why I was removed from my last job, but he said he believed my story. I think it was because I tried to give him back the fifty dollar tip he left on the table. It was only a coffee and pie order. He admitted he thought it was a five dollar bill he had left. He told me that anyone who steals and cheats people would have taken the money without a thought.


So, today dear diary, I am happy to say that I have just been hired for a job I love to do. I am smiling delightfully as I work off my two weeks notice as a third shift waitress.

I guess Karma is for real!: *Smile*



**********



(reversed)




(present)

Supervisor John Charles,
Re: Employee discharge notice of Sally Todd.
Reason: Theft of store property


I am discharging Sally from her position as manager at the cosmetic counter, and her employment with this store. I have found her stealing several items of cosmetics . I have had security watch her for the past few weeks, as I noticed some items missing with no matching sales receipt.


She finally admitted to placing the missing bottles of perfume into Mandy’s purse, last year. I, in return for knowing the truth told her I would not press charges against her for the theft.


I cannot say how utterly disgusted I am at having to admit the terrible injustice that was done to my former employee Mandy Davis. She protested the accusation, however, I did not believe her. Now, I am so ashamed that I fired the wrong person.


Mandy was an exemplary employee up to the day I fired her. It would be my hope, that this company will try to convince her to return to her former position. I do not, however, expect her to be so forgiving. I will immediately expunge the nasty report on her record. I hope it will help her in the future. I feel terrible about my part in harming her good name. It is why I must do what has to be done.


Therefore, It is with deep regret that I must tender my resignation as supervisor for this wonderful company. Losing my job is the least I can do to make things fair.

Sincerely,
Supervisor, John Charles

**********



Mandy’s Diary, (past)

Dear Diary,
I  cannot believe that I lost my job over a silly misunderstanding. My supervisor, John, had no right to assume I stole those display bottles of perfume from the cosmetics counter. It will be almost impossible to get another job in a high end department store.
 
If only John would have taken the time to investigate what happened to the expensive display perfume, he would never have fired me.  I was set up by that jealous Sally, who wanted my management position at the cosmetics counter. She stuck three bottles of expensive fragrances in my purse when I was waiting on a customer. I should have looked in my bag before I left  for the day but I was so rushed to get to an appointment; it didn't even occur to me that the purse was unusually heavy. By the time I returned to work to replace the bottles I found earlier, it was too late.

John was waiting for me at the counter. He confronted me about the missing bottles. I tried to explain it was not I who placed them in my purse. He of course gave me the old "possession is nine-tenths of the law" argument, and fired me on the spot. *Frown*

Thankfully my faith will keep me strong!



© Copyright 2008 ԜԜ On The Road Again! (webwitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1407927-KARMA