*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1408505-Venting
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Drama · #1408505
This is just a first entry and it is random venting for anyone who needs a laugh
Life is just that, life. It is not a fairy tale and nor has it been a nightmare. It's been quite realistic if you can imagine that. Never being skinny enough, having the wrong attire, being poor, friends stabbing friends in the back, and most of all relationships. It’s all part of this very real world that we live in. The glass is sometimes over half full and sometimes it's just under, but it seems very predictable for it to be right in the middle where the medium is undetermined. So, lets here a few of the complaints that rack up in peoples’ minds, because they don’t have the guts to say it.
    Politics, economics, society. What more can we ask for? This is about as real as it gets. Who will be the next president? A good looking black man with little experience, a woman with a ear shattering scream, or a republican that is likely to put us into a depression. Our choices are limited. Choose between the evils and hope to God that America doesn't fall apart. Who sells the best orange juice? The people who are making a huge profit because of a fancy bottle, or the people who have cheap prices but your friends will laugh at your brand? Society is a big game. We walk around the Monopoly board like tiny plastic pieces in a game. Everyone hopes to achieve riches by landing on Free Parking or buying Boardwalk, but most of us get stuck on the income tax. Yet, we still follow everyone else, looking for prosperity which seems just across the board, but really it's a long stretch.
      What is with the changing world? Fifty years ago it was unheard of to be gay. In today's society it's a personal preference and people can change their minds over night. "Hey hon, I'm sorry but I think tonight I'm gonna go to the gay bar instead. Oh, don't worry, tomorrow I will go to the straight bar with you." What is with these people? The on top of that, places like Abercrombie and Fitch and Hollister encourage the girly look for boys. Flip flops, fake and bake tans, dyed hair and some smudged eye liner for dramatic effects. Have you ever noticed that when you go in those stores the guys working in there are femmie. I was in Abercrombie on day and this little oriental guy in a pink shirt and tan shorts came up to me and said, "Heyyyyy," as if I had known him for forever and he was one of my girlfriends. He folded his cute little sixty-five dollar shirt and asked me if I was interested. I was thinking, "Hell no, not in you buddy. I prefer a man." But, I think he was talking about the shirt. Anyways, who was gonna by that skanky little tee for sixty five dollars. It was blue and white, striped and the material looked like was falling apart. Now, if you ask me, I can go dig in my old junior high clothes from the nineties and have a torn striped shirt. For free! Don't get me wrong, Abercrombie is cute, but their image and their employees, may need a little help.
    Californians, this is for you. Especially you old rich guys that want a house in the snow. I live in Montana and I'm proud of the cheap little house that I live in. It seems as though every time I travel anywhere near Bozeman, Gallatin Valley area, I seem to see new houses in development. I understand the need for new homes, but most of them could house like twenty people, and once they are inhibited I tend to see one old man outside the house smoking his cigar and investing his spare time in The New Yorker. My point is, half of the people that move to this state are from California, and they build their big fancy houses for one person, who is gonna die in a few years. To top it off, most of them only use the homes as summer houses or cabins. This results in increased prices and taxs for the rest us. Now, as the saying goes the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, but come on now. Do you want to be the one rich guy contributing to that saying? Some of us actually do love where they live and want to preserve it as best they can. Ya'll say, "I want to get out of here and move away from this crap!" Then you know what you do. You move to Montana and you build the same crap you were trying to escape! What?! It makes no sense to me. Honestly, build your fancy little cabin in Laguna Beach and when a huge Earth Quake strikes it will split California off the Unites States and create a separate island. Hey, it's better than being snowed into a Montana home, right?
    Why do they say girls are dramatic, when guys are actually the ones that cause the drama. When it comes down to it, everything we cry about, think about, and need help with, comes down to guys. Even when it's over a broken nail. Usually, the guy is the cause of the nail breakage. She hit the wall or tore off her ring in anger. It's their fault when we cry over sad movies. Why would cry about romantic movies unless we were thinking about boys? Consider the Notebook. A flick about a man and a woman who are love. If, per say, a young woman just breaks up with her now ex boyfriend and watches the Notebook she might find herself crying. Why? Because that jerk that she recently acknowledged as her boyfriend just dumped her to play pool with the guys. Now now, guys are not always the cause of distress. Sometimes, they are well worth our time. When it comes to feeling good about yourself you can count on a guy to tell you that you look good. Whether it is the truth or not, well, you don't care because he said it, and that means you won. So, not to bash on guys, they are a great help in certain aspects and in other they are not so great.
      Lastly, be grateful and don’t complain, unless you’re gonna do it well. I’m done now, I think I need a glass of water and a foot long Subway sandwich.
© Copyright 2008 Miss Erin (misserin2009 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1408505-Venting