*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1408803-Back-to-Topseas
by Willow
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1408803
The start of a new adventure.
          It would seem that any one wishing to live in a large pink victorean house would be a cheerful person, or persons. This statement was quite true of the two little old Ladys that lived in this particular one. Patrick smiled, as he popped down the stairs, Today would be a lot of fun. He could smell the pancakes on the griddle and hear the aunts chitter chatter. He rounded the corner into the kitchen , and like a train smashing into a concrete wall his good mood was abruptly halted.  There sat his baby sister Jaylynn all smiles, dressed in her "going out clothes" wich could only mean one thing. A shopping trip.
          "Good morning Bubba hubba wubba" Jaylynn beamed.
Patrick Did not think she was cute. In fact he could not even imagine anything more obnoxiouse , well, except maybe for that kid that was always picking his nose in class, But Jaylynn was still pretty close in the rankings.  He decided to get confirmation on his suspessions before going any further.
          "Why are you all dressed up, this morning?" He asked.
            " Because were going shopping for new summer clothes, new Shirts, new sandals, a new Sunday dress, that will make me look like a beuatiful princess. I'm going to get a matching purse, too. ..."

        Jaylynn continued to talk but Patrick had tuned her out. He plopped down to his plate of pancakes having quite lost his appitite.

        The rest of the morning consisted of being hustled into the car, out of the car , into the store, into the next store. All that hurrying just to find himself waiting. wich is what he was doing currently.  He looked out the window of the store front and watched a large pigeon that was sitting on the brick ledge of the building. He thought that it may have been a trick of the sunlight. It looked like the bird was nodding his head forward. as if he were trying to tell Patrick to step closer. Now, to most people this would seem a very odd event . Patrick was not, however, most people. He quietly stepped out of the shop door and on to the sidewalk in front of the store. he stepped closer to the bird to see if it would fly away, indicating its normalacy , it however stepped closer to him
          " I will meet you in the woods behind the house, at sunset."  He flew away .
          Patrick ran back in the store , He needed to let Jaylynn know ,right away,that they had been summoned again. Finaly some excitment.
© Copyright 2008 Willow (s.murphy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1408803-Back-to-Topseas