*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1409474-Alexandria-and-the-Amythest-chapter-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1409474
chapter 3 of my attempt at a book
The town of Shattered Springs had a Rockwellian feel to it. The main street was lined with red brick walls, connecting the shops and cafes along the sidewalk. It was a place where one could disappear into oblivion. Everyone knew each other but everyone kept to themselves. The nearest city, Greenbriar, was very industrial and served as a source of income for many of the families in Shattered Springs. Days seemed to last a little longer to those that lived there, which suited many of its elder inhabitants just fine.

"So what do you think about this weather, Lou?" asked Mr. Martin.

"I think that you can thank all of that global warming for this. It's damn near October and here we are sweating like whores in church." snapped Lou. Lou was the town barber and had been for quite a long time. He had, at one point or another, cut the hair of everyone that lived in Shattered Springs. Along with his mastery of the "High and Tight", the military also taught him that his bluntness was a curse and a blessing at the same time. Salt and pepper covered his head. The black was accenuated by the hair tonic that he had used since he was in high school many years ago. His face was unmistakenly Italian, as well as his taste for food. "Yep damn global warming i tell ya. We are all gonna eventually just melt away."



© Copyright 2008 lifesavor (lifesavor413 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1409474-Alexandria-and-the-Amythest-chapter-3