*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1409630-The-fight
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1409630
fight to the near death
1
I couldn't control myself to do anything but look at him. His eyes were just too perfect. And his lips...oh my god they were delicious. The way his body moved when he tried to fight back at me was almost too much to bear!
A quick blow to the head from the butt end of his scythe brought me back to reality; who was I? I was Noia Rothkel of the Sea Wing Clan and if I wasn't able to remember that, I had to remember he was the enemy, even though we just slept together moments before.
I raised my axe, preparing for another strike. The sharp whistling of his blade through the air gave me all the warning I needed to duck and weave out of the way of his deadly weapon. For a moment, the movement stopped and I was able to get a better look at him and that godlike body of his. I could make out the fine outline of each of his muscles, and the way his hair flowed along in the wind was all I needed to want him again.
I charged at him with a howling furry, and slashed at him with an almost inhuman speed. Somehow, he managed to stop my attack, and threw it right back at me. His scythe came up, just as I was about to cut that beautiful face of his, and stopped my axe. My body froze in awe at his immense speed, power and over all how sexy he looked; bleeding as he was.  He knocked away my blow so easily, almost as if I was nothing. He looked at me with piercing eyes. He dodged my every movement to get closer, almost as if he could foresee the whole battle.
I stopped. I had to. He was too quick, and with that scythe, he was unbeatable. My breaths were quick and shallow. I couldn't keep fighting like this. I looked around and saw a ladder that lead to the top of a tower. "Let's see if he can block this!" I thought
I quickly clambered to the tower, but I was still too slow. He was in front of me before I had a chance to move five feet. He raised his scythe, and brought it down upon me with a tremendous force I was only barely able to escape. When his blade came down, it caught onto my cloak, tearing it to useless shreds. The blow forced me down upon my back, leaving me completely open to any attack. He came at me with a lustful rage in his eyes. I had no choice but to use my magic. I raised an open palm to him and screamed "Incendium!"
Almost instantly I could feel the warmth of the fire build and rage in the palm of my hand. When I couldn't hold it any longer, I released the mass towards him. As I knew he would, he dodged it easily; of course I wasn't aiming at him.
No more than give feet away from the tower; it was an easy target, and it came down just as easy. He looked at me for a moment, and then realized I wasn't looking at him. He turned around quickly just in time to see the incoming inflamed wooden tower coming towards him.
I closed my eyes because I didn't want to see him be destroyed by the massive object. I waited for a moment, maybe two before realizing that I didn't hear a crash of splintering burning wood. Instead all I heard was the burning wood. I opened my eyes, and what I saw surprised and confused me. He was standing above me, hands held high above his head, chanting. He had called fourth a shield at the last moment, protecting both him and myself from the imminent fiery death that loomed above his wrists. I thought back to what the man had told me before this whole thing happened. How if I don't kill him, then he will kill my daughter. I looked behind me, beyond the shield, and saw my axe, but it was JUST out of my reach. I tried to squirm to get free but his legs had me pinned to the ground. I was at his mercy. I thought back, tried to remember all my spells, but none of them seemed useful at the moment.
The heat of the tower was finally seeping through the shield, and his chant was slowing down. My eyes danced along his body in his final moments of glory. I struggled a little more, and was finally able to get my right arm free from underneath his leg. I knew I had to kill him. I had to in order to save my child...but a part of me couldn't, and soon that part became the whole. A small part of me thought that I might have another chance with this one. And he was so handsome...
With what little movement I could muster, I brought my right arm up to meet the burning tower and muttered "Glacio..."
Almost like before, I could feel the cold well up inside my palm. It was like my whole arm was submerged in a constantly cooled bucket of ice. My arm started to turn a bluish white, and tiny cracks in my skin started to separate causing small amounts of blood to trickle down my arm. With a single burst, I released the icy wind that I had built inside me. The tower quickly froze over, freezing into the almost fallen position that had almost killed us.
His shield fell quickly after I froze the looming death that hovered above us.  He stood from his kneeled position, picked up his dropped scythe, and moved over to a near by rock. His eyes searched my fallen exhausted body, and I could see a small half smile grow on his face. I could feel my face turned red as soon as he smiled.
I tried to stand, but I couldn't. I was too exhausted, and he probably felt the same way. My head wrapped around our recent battle and I still didn't understand why he chose to save me rather than to have let me die.
I looked at him, and he just laughed.

2
She looked at me with such darting eyes. Who knew that a woman had such power! I looked at my scythe that I had dropped beside me and smiled. Its blade curved towards her, and I followed its point to her fallen body. She didn't even bother to cover her self. It seemed like she wanted me to look.
After briefly catching my breath, I stood up and walked over to her. Her eyes were closed, protecting themselves from the brightness of the setting sun. I carefully reached underneath her legs and lower back to carefully pick her up. As I did so, her head nuzzled close against my chest as if to be either to be protected or just to be closer. The silkiness of her skin, and the way her hair flowed as I carried her only reminded me of earlier times; times of pure ecstasy and trust.
I set her down gently, or as gently as I could as tired as I was, onto the flat of the rock I was sitting on before and as I did so I heard a small moan come from her. I could tell she was in pain. I didn't want to hurt her, but she left me no choice. Her ability with an axe was great indeed. It took most of my spirit just to keep up with her. I had nothing left, and even if I did have something left, I was a necromancer, or more specifically I was Kiefer Rambert of the Storm Claw Clan and most of my spells had to deal with hurting others, not healing them, so at the moment I was completely powerless. I needed a healer.
As I looked at her lay there the only question in my mind was: why did she attack me in the first place? I just didn't understand. Carefully, almost without touch, I glided my hand across her shoulder, down to her waist, and stopped at the hip. I felt something weird as I brought my hand back. It was wet and warm, almost like water, but it stuck to my hand. I turned my hand over, and didn't believe what I saw. Blood! My hand was painted with blood! It was then that I realized the nice long trail of blood that lead from her arm to where she lay before. I couldn't believe it! I swore I never actually hit her.
I looked at the tower, perpetually frozen in its forever falling state, and remembered her final spell. Quickly, I grabbed her arm. I turned it carefully until I discovered the source of the bleed. Her skin had cracked so badly that the blood hadn't stopped flowing since she cast her spell. I bent over to the bottom of my pants, and tore off a decent chunk to use as a bandage until I had found her decent medical attention. The pant piece wove nicely around her arm and tied tight. She needed help, and staying here was doing us no good.
As the moon rose in the night sky, it seemed as if I might never reach a town, and I was beginning to fear the worst before a peculiar scent wafted into my nose. It was unmistakable. It was the scent of Pow meat cooking over an open flame, seasoned with the Sky Mountain sauce! Just thinking about that succulent beast made my mouth water, but after two steps I remembered that I was carrying her on my back so I had to take my time.
She had fallen asleep a while back, and I could feel the rhythmic beating of her heart through my back. It was actually soothing. Her arms were wrapped around my neck, while I carried her legs. So I knew she wasn't going anywhere. I could see the town gate close by, so I quickened my pace. I had to get her to a healer soon.
The encampment was as large as the magnificence of the smell that was coming from the grand hall, but I had to get my mind off the food. She was hurt and I had to find a healer quickly.
With hope in my heart, I found a safe place and gently set down her sleeping body as not to wake her, and quickly searched the town for anybody who could possibly help.
© Copyright 2008 Dronigan (mouse224 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1409630-The-fight