*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1409913-My-King-of-Thieves
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Fanfiction · #1409913
Starts as a poem ends as a story. Someone thinks of Yami Bakura.
Disclaimer: I don’t own Yu-gi-oh!, Joey, Yami Bakura or the other characters of yugioh that appear here.

King of Thieves

My King of Thieves
How blind you are
To see what you have
Always been here by you’re side
Since your town’s sacrifice
Protecting you from nature or foe
No matter what age you be
I was there and saw your tears
I saw your innocence slip away
No matter what I did
You forgot me.

He looks at the white haired tomb robber with sadness, as he plays once again a shadow game with the pharaoh. The pharaoh’s friends cheering their friend on. He will always look at Bakura from the sidelines and hope that he will at least look at him with the innocent look he always had before, even after the horrifying events in Kul Elna. That they would have those happy moments were they’d have a good time and they just forgot the past for just a while. But he was just kidding himself. Times weren’t like they were and Bakura will never remember him. Especially when Zork has such a big hold on him. That monster that filled his heart with so much hate and evil. That fogged his mind so he will always be his puppet. That was one thing he will always regret, not being able to save him from Zork’s control. Bakura’s evil laugh sounded through the whole room as he was sure that he was about to win. He sighs. His only wish was that one day he will at least be able to set his spirit free from the millennium ring so he will finally rest in peace out of Zork’s control and be with his family again. The others look at me concerned hearing me sigh, but I just give my silly grin and say there’s nothing wrong. Then they leave me alone again. Anyway, who am I kidding? Even if he did remembered me from the past he wouldn’t recognize me know. Not as whom I am, not as the pharaoh’s best friend, nor as a third rate duelist. Not as Joey Wheeler. Bakura now is in a rage as he is defeated once again. The pharaoh and the others believe that he is gone finally but I know that he isn’t. He takes out his deck and flips though it, looking for a card in particular. Then he finds it and takes it, putting the rest of his deck back. The Red Eyes Black Dragon. My spirit, in the past I always protected him from dangers in that form, but I wasn’t strong enough. That card was the only thing that he had as a reminder of the old days and he will always keep it close, but he wish he could give it to Bakura but he can’t. The guys call me and I see that instead of the pharaoh, yugi is back and they’re going to celebrate. So I run over to join them. Bakura may not remember me but I will always watch over him, like I once did in Ancient Egypt.
© Copyright 2008 Booklover17 (arual17 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1409913-My-King-of-Thieves