*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1410030-Forgetting-for-ever
Rated: E · Fiction · Emotional · #1410030
A man trying to forget the missing of his wife and children
Monsoon in a hilly area is a special occasion.  That too in a big tea estate
like this.  The dark cloud hangs over the eastern hills just like a cow bending
to drink water from a shallow pond. The window pane overlooking the
eastern mountain is faded by the mist falling over it.

A hot cup of coffee served by the kitchen boy even is boring when there is
no companion to share another cup over a chit chat.  The estate bungalow
with all its luxury and cozy feeling is also another bore if there is no body else to share it. He thought of the days when the bungalow was full of occupants, his children and wife.

He thought of them leaving the estate along with her old boss to the far away city getting a court order accusing him over drinking.  He remember their tenure together just after their marriage. She was very happy to be there very much liking the cool atmosphere and the panoramic scenario of the estate and the bungalow.

The frequent visits of the old boss of her made all of us very happy.  Even the little children liked his company very much.  He too liked his company especially in the evenings when they both have a peg or two of their hot drinks along with the conversations of all subjects under the sky.
He used to take one or two more measures of his favorite drink even after the leaving of his (or hers) friend.  Many of the days he used to sleep in the adjacent room unable to walk up to the room which was shared by his wife. 

Very late only he could found in his dismay that the room was not kept vacant by his friend in his absence.  He remembered all the events with much sadness. 

The cup of tea served to him became cold.  He felt of nausea. He wanted to forget all those days. He went to his well stacked bar to get himself immersed in a continuous drink till he fell to his bed forgetting everything.
Just to forget.  And never wanted to remember again, if possible forgetting for ever and ever.
© Copyright 2008 Joy Joseph (joy.josef at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1410030-Forgetting-for-ever