*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1410893-The-Writers-Tool-Box-Assign1part1
Rated: E · Assignment · Personal · #1410893
Structure and Introduction, Part 1
Assignment #1, Part 1.


1. Write a paragraph on your experiences with writing. Basically, talk about how long you’ve been writing, your reasons for wanting to take writing classes, what you hope to learn in this class and other writing classes.


1. A writer does not decide one day to write. Just as a singer recalls harmonizing before she could speak, or a painter remembers picking up a paint brush before he learned his ABC’ s, as far back as memory allows I have been a writer. I was recognized in elementary school for writing an outstanding essay in a contest usually reserved for older children. I was the middle school student easing the burden of puberty with rough stanzas of poetry. As a young adult I kept a small journal with me, and every day in the metro stations I created character sketches based on the strangers around me; I called it Subway Scribbles. My two years spent in sub-Saharan Africa as a Peace Corps volunteer were well-documented in journals and letters to friends and family, that I often failed to post and thankfully still have. Book ideas have banged around in my head for years, waiting for the right time to be penned. It was only recently, however, that I stumbled across Writing.com, a yellow brick road of support and instruction that I now walk down toward the Emerald City of my aspiring writer’s dreams.






© Copyright 2008 NickiD89 (heftynicki at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1410893-The-Writers-Tool-Box-Assign1part1