*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1410901-The-Writers-Tool-Box---Assign-1part-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Assignment · Writing · #1410901
Structure and Introduction, Part 2
Assignment #1, Part 2


2. What is your single main goal from taking this class? Are you looking to expand your toolkit, to work on a particular talent or skill, or to polish your work in a particular genre? I ask this because at the end of the course I’d like you to look back and compare your writing before the class, and after.


2. My goal for this class is to bring into awareness more of the technical aspects of storytelling, which I seem to know intuitively but can not articulate because I have never ‘learned’ them. I am a self-taught writer, and have always penned my stories according to a natural order in my head. I recently participated in a workshop on characterization sponsored by WDC’s Rising Stars program. I was amazed at how enjoyable writing becomes when you define your goals ahead of time, and use learned tools to spark the creative fire. I am interested in the structure and mechanics of writing, that compliment an author’s innate talent, and ultimately put the polish on his/her stories characteristic of literary-quality work.





© Copyright 2008 NickiD89 (heftynicki at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1410901-The-Writers-Tool-Box---Assign-1part-2