*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1411447-Prologue
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1411447
This is the beginning to my first novel, the first in a trilogy.
In a land without a time…

         A young boy of six stood on the path. Tears swept his dirty cheeks leaving muddy trails. The house was entirely empty. No! He wouldn’t accept that. They had to come back. They must have slipped off to the market. Yes, that’s it. Just to the market. However, the more the boy stood in front of the house, the more he became certain his family had abandoned him.
         “What have I done wrong?” his heart screamed in anguish. Hatred leaked from the boy’s soul and filled every vein, every cell of his body. He began to shake violently, glaring at the house where he thought he had been loved.
         Harsh drops of rain started to pour from the sky onto the dusty earth. The rejected boy kept warm against the chill of the rain as his anger grew. His eyes became fiery and dark. His teeth and fists were clenched, causing unfelt pain. He screamed aloud as a clap of thunder sounded echoing the emotions flooding from his heart. The enemy was born…
© Copyright 2008 Alexa Dawson (luthienonia8 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1411447-Prologue