*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1411758-An-Act-of-Kindness
Rated: E · Prose · Experience · #1411758
Angels have flocked to Writing.Com. One of them dropped by and gave me wings to fly.
An Act of Kindness
(An unknown Angel passes by my port and gave me wings to fly.)


Joy comes in strange ways. It's barely a week since i joined Writing.Com, and I've met a handful of friends, each of them echoing Writing.Com's prodding "Write On."
The joy of feeling you belong does wonders to one's confidence.

My finding Writing.Com stemmed from having nothing else do."I surfed and surfed looking for something I didn't even know what. (I have been working since I was 19, right after I got married, and I thought I deserve a year off for myself.)

Then I came across this site. I did the usual routine; name, e-mail, address, password etc. Reluctantly I started to write "Broken Windows," my first, then another, and another. I entered into other ports and read some items. I was amazed by the wealth of experiences, ideas and emotions exquisitely written by WDC members. The style varies, the topics diverse, the experiences exalting. I said so in my comments.

Every now and then I looked into my box. Empty at first except in-house messages. Then I started receiving gift points, and, funny, I didn't even know what to do with them (I didn't read the other informationin the site.) All I wanted was just to write, and hopefully make new friends.

This morning, I opened my mail. I noticed one that said my membership has been upgraded. I clicked on it. I was informed someone, who wishes to remain unknown, sponsored it, with a note: "I hope this gift may help."

At first, I couldn't believe it. What have I done to deserve this act of kindness?

I logged out, turn off my browser. And did nothing but savor that special joy of having received a precious gift from someone I don't even know. ("What are you
smiling at?," my wife wondered. But I didn't tell her. I wanted to feel this gift of joy
on my own.)

Now I think angels have flocked to Writing.Com.

One of them dropped by my port and gave me wings to fly.###
© Copyright 2008 Verbum Dragon (arcenas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1411758-An-Act-of-Kindness